What reaction time for a bug report (easy to fix) does one have to expect?

Hi,

about four weeks ago, I submitted a bug report (
) for a little problem I had found in Vaadin 7 Alpha 3.

Even though I added a possible fix (only one line of code has to be changed), the task has not been worked on since then. Of course I know that there is still much work to be done until the release of the final version 7. I just wondered whether I did something wrong with my bug report that prevents others (especially the Vaadin team) from receiving it. You have to know that it was my first Vaadin bug report.

By the way: Thank you for this great framework. As far as I could see, Vaadin 7 will even be better! :wink:

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Joachim

Sometimes it takes hours, sometimes months, sometimes even longer. I would think that the issue would be fixed relatively soon, if it really is an easy fix. I moved the ticket to
Vaadin 7 Backlog
, so it has more chances to be fixed sooner. There are a lot of other issues to be fixed as well, but you never know.

Doing that fix would take seconds and the utility method is already used elsewhere but writing an automated test for this would take a moment (might be good to have one). That is sometimes one of the reasons why even trivial fixes might get delayed, although maybe not the main reason in this case.

Anyway, at least somebody does see all incoming tickets and should spot the critical ones but we usually sort the rest and fix more of them closer to a release.