Vaadin 8.1 RC1 compatibility widgetset problems

Hello,
I try to trnasfer a Vaadin-7.7-project to a Vaadin-8.1-project.
To study possibliblies I use a little test-app based on the vaadin-archetype-application.

As long as I use standard ui-components it works.
If I use the v7-compatibility-ui-components I did not manage to get the appication working.
(import com.vaadin.v7.ui.Label;)

I used the annotation @Widgetset(“com.vaadin.v7.Vaadin7WidgetSet”)
which was described in https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/15031831

And I use the following imports in my pom.xml:
vaadin-compatibility-server
vaadin-push
vaadin-themes
vaadin-compatibility-client-compiled

Still my app loads without any syle after a timeout in the browser - see attachement.
(The browser does not show the app instantly but takes a minute and then shows what is to see in the attached screenshot.)

If I remove the “@Widgetset(“com.vaadin.v7.Vaadin7WidgetSet”)” annotation I get a error:
INFORMATION: Requested resource
[/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet/com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet.nocache.js] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Is this a bug or do I do something wrong?

Thank you very much for your help,
Andreas Claus

34003.png

Hi,

That looks like a theme issue to me. You could try to see with browsers inspect element feature what is actually loaded and what not. Or try to look for hints using the debug console (which you can open with ?debug query parameter in development mode). Are you using the old reindeer theme as your appliction theme or using it as a basis? If so, you should probably add the following compatibility module as well:

com.vaadin vaadin-compatibility-themes

cheers,
matti