gwt:compile Error

Hi, I am new to VAADIN and i am trying to compile a widgetset to use Refresher addon in a maven project but i get this error messages:

[INFO]
— gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0-1:compile (default-cli) @ bdtechtest —
[INFO]
auto discovered modules [com.businessdecision.tact.bdtechtest.gwt.AppWidgetSet]

[INFO]
Compiling module com.businessdecision.tact.bdtechtest.gwt.AppWidgetSet
[ERROR]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.consumeStatementWhile(Parser.java:7228)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.consumeRule(Parser.java:5680)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:9272)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:9500)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:9457)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.dietParse(Parser.java:8102)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.internalBeginToCompile(Compiler.java:696)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.beginToCompile(Compiler.java:376)
[ERROR]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:420)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.doCompile(JdtCompiler.java:690)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:215)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.doBuildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:406)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:299)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:325)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:507)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:492)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:405)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:215)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:187)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:159)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:87)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:81)
[ERROR]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:166)
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Unexpected
[INFO]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.consumeStatementWhile(Parser.java:7228)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.consumeRule(Parser.java:5680)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:9272)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:9500)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:9457)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.dietParse(Parser.java:8102)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.internalBeginToCompile(Compiler.java:696)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.beginToCompile(Compiler.java:376)
[INFO]
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:420)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.doCompile(JdtCompiler.java:690)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:215)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.doBuildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:406)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:299)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:325)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:507)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:492)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:405)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:215)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:187)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:159)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:87)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:81)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:166)
[INFO]

[INFO]
BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]

Can you please explain to me what does it mean and how can i fix the problem ?
thanks

Can’t say what causes that, and works for me if I create a new project, for example, with vaadin-archetype-widget (which has all the widget set compilation rules enabled). Also compiles just fine after adding the Refresher add-on.

What’s the content of the …/gwt/AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml file? What are the Vaadin and GWT version settings in the POM? Etc.

Hi and thanks for your reply :slight_smile: ,

AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml content:

<!-- Inherit DefaultWidgetSet -->

<inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" /> 

<inherits name="com.github.wolfie.refresher.RefresherApplicationWidgetset" />

<inherits name="com.vaadin.addon.tableexport.widgetset.Tableexport_for_vaadinWidgetset" />

pom.xml

UTF-8 6.7.4 2.0.0 2.3.0 2.3.0-1 org.vaadin.addons refresher 1.1.1 org.codehaus.mojo gwt-maven-plugin ${gwt.plugin.version} -Xmx512M -Xss1024k ${basedir}/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets ${basedir}/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets http://localhost:8080/bdtechtest/test true 8080 false true resources compile com.google.gwt gwt-dev ${gwt.version} com.google.gwt gwt-user ${gwt.version}

I get this output from console:
[ERROR]
Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0-1:compile (default-cli) on project bdtechtest: Command [[ … com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -gen “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\workspace-JEE-Galileo\bdtechtest-update\target.generated” -logLevel INFO -style OBF -war “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\workspace-JEE-Galileo\bdtechtest-update\src\main\webapp\VAADIN\widgetsets” -localWorkers 2 -extra “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\workspace-JEE-Galileo\bdtechtest-update\target\extra” -compileReport com.businessdecision.tact.bdtechtest.gwt.AppWidgetSet ]
] failed with status 1

maven project structure:
src/
|_ main/java/
| |_ com.businessdecision.tact.bdtechtest/
| |_ dao/
| |_ domain/
| |_ gwt/
| | |AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml
| |
ui/
|_ resources
|_ webapp/
| |_ VAADIN/
| |_ themes/
| |_ widgetsets/
|
| |WEB-INF/
| |
beans.mxl
| |_ web.xml
|
|_ target/
|_ pom.xml

Heeeelp ! :frowning:

The POM you listed would not work even as far as the output you gave earlier, because the block for the Refresher is in wrong place. It should be in the block.

I don’t see any particular problem with the widget set .gwt.xml file. Why is there a Table-export widget set, which is not included in your project? I hope that if you have removed such add-on, you have updated the widget set file with the “mvn vaadin:update-widgetset” command. If that is not the problem, you could try to narrow the problem down by removing different parts from it and recompiling with “mvn gwt:compile”.

Hi Marko and thanks for your reply,

I use TableExport add on to add some export functionality for some tables.
It is present in the pom.xml but i did’nt want to post all of it’s content to keep only lines that are related to Refresher add on.

The good news about compilation is : i could finally compile the widgetset using Google plugin for eclipse :).
But now the problem is worse because i can never get my spring dependencies injected into vaadin application :what:.

It was working well before compiling my widgetset but now it does’nt work at all. I get access to the application but i can not login .

Please help :frowning: