Customising Unsupported Browser Page in Vaadin 8

Hello,

I want to modify the Page that gets shown if my Application is accessed by an unsupported Browser. The only thing I found online was this Wiki entry: https://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Modifying+the+Unsupported+Browser+page
But sadly this is not possible anymore.
Is there an official way to do this?

Kind regards,
Fabian

I’m using some kind of a workaround now and I don’t think it’s the nicest way of doing it, but it works and it’s the solution thats the easiest as far as I can see it.
Here is the code that I’m using now (working with vaadin-spring-boot) :

@Bean
    public VaadinServlet vaadinServlet() {
        return new SpringVaadinServlet() {

@Override
            protected VaadinServletService createServletService(DeploymentConfiguration deploymentConfiguration) throws ServiceException {
                SpringVaadinServletService service = new SpringVaadinServletService(this, deploymentConfiguration, this.getServiceUrlPath()) {
                    @Override
                    protected List<RequestHandler> createRequestHandlers() throws ServiceException {
                        List<RequestHandler> requestHandlers = super.createRequestHandlers();

Optional<RequestHandler> first = requestHandlers.stream().filter(requestHandler -> requestHandler instanceof UnsupportedBrowserHandler).findFirst();
                        first.ifPresent(requestHandlers::remove);
                        requestHandlers.add(new MyCustomt

return requestHandlers;
                    }

};
                service.init();
                return service;
            }
        };
    }

This works as intendet and also allows to play around with the browser versions for which this Site is shown. I hope it helps someone in the future.

Kind regards,
Fabian

Would you please provide some code samples for Vaadin Flow, it seems this example is no longer working with Vaadin flow. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile: