Vaadin VisualEditor on 64bit Windows 7 in 64bit Eclipse craches Eclipse

Hi!

First of all let me tell you that I am placing this post here because:

• I found http://dev.vaadin.com/wiki/Addons/VisualEditor assuming the VisualEditor is an AddOn
  • I did a lot of googling, found several posts with this problem, but no solution anywhere
  • I am using the VisualEditor for quite some time now (WinXP 32bit and MacOS X) and NEVER had any problem

Now to my probem:
I have installed everything properly I assume: Eclipse Indigo 64bit and all Vaadin and GWT Plugins.
When I start the VisualEditor I get the XULRunner cannot be startet message (which I ignore). The VisualEditor comes up and is usable. When I change to the sourcecode tab and back to the VisualEditor it craches the JVM and eclipse vanishes aswell.

I would be very grateful for help.

Here are further Infos:
JAVA: JDK 1.6.0_33
Vaadin 6.7.4
Eclipse JEE iNdigo Version: Indigo Service Release 2 20120216-1857
Vaadin Plugin 2.0.1 as of Mai 2011

Regards,
Chris

Really no hint? I would be very, very grateful for help/direction. If necessary I can provide further infrmation.
Regrads,
Chris

The only native component involved is xulrunner, so it is the most probable cause for the problem. I would try to install a new version of xulrunner.

The problem is that Mozilla still does not have an official 64-bit Windows version of XULRunner. Most of the internal problems for it have been solved, though. There is
a project
that has instructions on building a 64-bit version of (old) XULRunner for Windows.

The problem is not just for Vaadin but also for many other programs that try to use XULRunner embedded in Eclipse, and the Eclipse project has been looking into using custom builds of XULRunner as well as other options.

Defaulting to the system browser (IE on Windows for Eclipse) used to work, just a little slower and first giving the warning about XULRunner. Apart from speed, the early versions of the visual editor did not support IE, but any reasonably recent version should. I don’t know why it does not work for you and I don’t have a Windows 7 development machine at hand to investigate it.