Migration to Vaadin 8 and "type ComboBox/Grid does not take parameters"

I migrated my application to Vaadin 8 from 7, refactored most of the code to Vaadin8 and left a couple of views using the compatibility layer. But when i 'm trying to compile the code i get errors "
type ComboBox/Grid does not take parameters
", wherever i 'm using parameters with ComboBoxes and Grids.
In the dependecies i have both vaadin-server and vaadinp-compatibility-server. I have no idea what is going on.

Thank you
Nikos

Maybe you import accidentally compatibility Grid or ComboBox in code you meant to use V8-version?
If that’s not the case can you post the line not compiling and com.vaadin.* imports from that class.

Sure,
the imports are :

import com.vaadin.ui.Button;
import com.vaadin.ui.CheckBox;
import com.vaadin.ui.ComboBox;
import com.vaadin.ui.DateField;
import com.vaadin.ui.Grid;

components : private ComboBox<Driver> cbDriver; private DateField fromDateField; private DateField toDateField; private Button loadButton; private Button pdfButton; private Button csvButton; private Grid<AccountAnalysisRow> grid; Output:
AccountAnalysisView.java:43: error: type ComboBox does not take parameters
private ComboBox cbDriver;
AccountAnalysisView.java:51: error: type Grid does not take parameters
private Grid grid;

The IDE editor doesn’t give me any errors, only when compiling. Can any of the other non-vaadin related dependecies causing the problem? I also tried with openjdk and oracle jdk just to see and different versions of vaadin, 8.0.5 and 8.1.0 alpha with no results.

It seems it was an IDE (Netbeans) problem. I created a new project, copied the old source, added the same dependecies and it compiled.