soundplayer

in the sound player add-on, is it possible to control the volume and find out the playing position of the track/song (how far through the song is)

Unfortunately the server-side API does not currently support this.

However, the
SoundPlayer
is based on
gwt-sound
which does allow you to control volume, so it would be possible to implement this by extending the client-side implementation.

I had plans to bypass the gwt-sound and integrate directly to SoundManager2 to support all new features like volume/seek/cache controls, but no schedule for these yet.

Having problems using SoundPlayer in my Vaadin TouchKit application.

I’d added SoundPlayer.jar, gwt-sound.jar to WEB-INF/lib directory and I am trying to play one of the HTTP urls to a mp3 file and it’s not working. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I compiled the widgetset after I added the jar files.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Hi!

Haven’t tested the SoundPlayer with Touchkit, but I guess that there are device limitation that apply. You can try the touchkit application in a desktop web browser to see if that works.

Hi Sami:

Thanks for responding … No, I am not actually testing this on the device but trying to test in the Eclipse on my MAC. I also tested in the Safari Browser (V 5.1.2) but no luck…

I tested your application in my Safari browser and it works just fine. Not sure, what more I need to do!!

Thank you

SL