Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.
how to use upload component in the traditional way
hello vaadiners :)
I would like to use the upload component if it would be part of a traditional html fom
I have a task list where you can add comments on every task, and besides the textual part each comment can have a file attached/uploaded
so basically I would like to have a form with to fields
- text comment ( a textarea)
- attachment ( a file upload field)
- and the send button of course
- text comment is required , but attachment is optional , so when 1 click on the send button, itt adds the text comment to the task and starts uploading the file (if there is a file selected)
How to do that with vaadin???
in tradiitonal htm it would be easy: just a form with a textarea , and a file field ,and of course with a button to submit the form
but I couldnt find a way to achieve the same in vaadn
So how to do this in vaadni??
- is there a way to hide the components upload button, and instead start to upload the selected file only if I click on a button??
- do I have to extend a the upload component OR do I have to write my own from scratch??
Anyway Please help
Thanks in advance
really nobody can help me?
or may be I posted it in a wrong category?
Answered to the same question on the other thread: here
Please don't post the same issue twice into multiple categories. We do follow all categories very regularly, but we might a bit too busy at times to answer topics within a couple of days. Just give it a day or more, and you'll usually get an answer. If not, just bump the same thread as you did with this one.