Vaadin push

Hello everybody,

I would have some help about Vaadin Push. I could use it and it’s works good but my application use conversationManager when I use the navigator to end conversation and start a new one each time I change of module catching event with ViewChangeListener. The push annoation break it and couldn’t swap when I use @Push. I would understand what happened and how I could resolve it.
I use vaadin-push to push notification for all sessions with Notification Object using a rest service.

Here the stack trace using @Push:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No thread-bound request found: Are you referring to request attributes outside of an actual web request, or processing a request outside of the originally receiving thread? If you are actually operating within a web request and still receive this message, your code is probably running outside of DispatcherServlet/DispatcherPortlet: In this case, use RequestContextListener or RequestContextFilter to expose the current request.
at org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextHolder.currentRequestAttributes(RequestContextHolder.java:131)
at org.springframework.web.context.request.SessionScope.get(SessionScope.java:91)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:340)
… 67 more

Hi,

The problem probably relates to the scopes you use in Spring, see https://github.com/peholmst/vaadin4spring/issues/271 for a discussion. Also, another thing to watch out for is to not modify the UI from background threads outside of the UI.access - method.

-Pontus

Thanks for your reply.
I uses access method in UI to receive push notifications
The fact is that in git discussion they are talking about 2 differents UI whereas it’s not my goal. I would be able to push with REST service, for example, notifications to users. So I need to make it on my app UI