vaadin 8, plugin upgrade and error in pom.xml file

Vaadin ver.: 8.0.4
Java 8 64-bit
Eclipse Neon 4.6.0
Windows 7 64-bit
Tomcat 8 64-bit

I upgrated the vaadin plug-in to the latest version to be able to use Vaadin 8.
So I created from a scratch a new vaadin project single module application but now with errors in pom.xml file.
In line 1 the exception is :

Description Resource Path Location Type
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.jar.Manifest.write(java.io.PrintWriter) pom.xml /myapplicationV8 line 1 Maven Configuration Problem

In line 88 the exception is :

Compiling theme “VAADIN\themes\mytheme” failed (com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:8.0.4:compile-theme:default:generate-resources)
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Compiling theme “VAADIN\themes\mytheme” failed

[u]
Caused by: org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.JavaCommandException: Command [[
C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java -Xmx1G com.vaadin.sass.SassCompiler
C:\Users\Aleksander\wsPresentacionVaadin8\myapplication\src\main\webapp\VAADIN\themes\mytheme\styles.scss
C:\Users\Aleksander\wsPresentacionVaadin8\myapplication\src\main\webapp\VAADIN\themes\mytheme\styles.css

]] failed with status 1
at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.JavaCommand.execute(JavaCommand.java:330)
at com.vaadin.integration.maven.CompileThemeMojo.processTheme(CompileThemeMojo.java:65)
[/u]
… 35 more

[color=#000000]
I attached the pom.xml file. Before the upgrade I didn’t have problems with plugin/proyect creation.

I don’t know Maven, so I don’t know what is wrong. Someting with the themes.
I want to migrate to Vaadin 8 with the one of my project, but now I’m not sure.

Plugin in NetBeans to upgrade to vaadin 8

[/color]
[color=#000000]
How can I upgrade the netbeans plugin to the latest version?

Please, can you turn off the forum page refresh mode during entering new topic? Thanks.

Aleksander
[/color]
31902.xml (5.03 KB)

There seems to be Vaadin 8 compatible plugin version available
http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/50531/vaadin-plug-in-for-netbeans

I didn’t see anything wrong in your pom.xml. Did you change something in the scss files?

Hi Johannes,

well, it seems they released it thees days. I will try it.

Like I said, I updated the eclipse vaadin plugin to be able to create new project with the latest version of Vaadin.
Then I created the single page vaadin proyect with the help of the plugin leaving everything by default. Immediately after the creation of the new project eclipse started “to complain” about it showing errors in the pom.xml files. I didn’t change anything.
I wonder if I need to have Maven instaled in my computer?
Maybe I have the wrong version of Eclipse Neon (ver. 4.6.0)?

Vaadin Team didn’t have this kind of problems?
I don´t know what could be wrong. I will keep trying.

Aleksander

I use Neon.3 and Oxygen daily, but I don’t see such errors. Maybe the Maven cache Eclipse uses didn’t have the Vaadin artifacts. I remember sometimes seen a problem where having a Eclipse beem open during a new version of Vaadin has been pushed to Maven central, I create a project and everything is broken. Deleting the project and restarting Eclipse and trying a again might have fixed the issue.

As a final fix you could install maven to command line from
https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi
, putting maven bin folder to path and then running mvn -B archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application -DarchetypeVersion=8.0.4 -DgroupId=org.test -DartifactId=vaadin-app -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

After that you can import the Maven project to Eclipse

Hi Johannes,

I solved the problem by updating the eclipse neon IDE to the latest version.
I wanted you to know just in caso if somedody will have similar problems.

thanks.
Aleksander

OK. I’m glad to hear you got the issue resolved.