Touchkit Vornitologist example

Hi,
i want to run this vornitologist example described in the tutorial http://demo.vaadin.com/vornitologist/VAADIN/tutorial/touchkit-tutorial.html .I have succesfully imported the project to eclipse IDE through maven but i dont know how to run this application as i dont know much about maven.thanks for the help.

i tried to run the application on server ,when i tried to compile the widgetset i got this message.i really need some help.

Compiling widgetset com.vornitologist.widgetset.VornitologistWidgetset
Updating GWT module description file…
jun 15, 2012 6:03:27 EM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
org.vaadin.vol.VolWidgetsetWithHostedScript in jar:file://pchome2.abo.fi/pchome2/nkhan/settings/profilestorage/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/vol/openlayers-wrapper/1.0.1/openlayers-wrapper-1.0.1.jar!/
com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.gwt.TouchKitWidgetSet in jar:file://pchome2.abo.fi/pchome2/nkhan/settings/profilestorage/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/addon/vaadin-touchkit-agpl/2.1.0/vaadin-touchkit-agpl-2.1.0.jar!/
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file://pchome2.abo.fi/pchome2/nkhan/settings/profilestorage/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.7.8/vaadin-6.7.8.jar!/
com.vornitologist.widgetset.VornitologistWidgetset in file:////pchome2.abo.fi/pchome2/nkhan/ws/Vornitologist/src/main/java

jun 15, 2012 6:03:27 EM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Search took 14ms
Widgetset is manually edited. Skipping updates.
Done.
Starting GWT compiler
[ERROR]
Unexpected
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.(Unknown Source)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:249)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader$1.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:192)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:308)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.java:151)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler.run(GWTCompiler.java:162)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler$1.run(GWTCompiler.java:131)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:87)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:81)
at com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler.main(GWTCompiler.java:138)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.vaadin.tools.WidgetsetCompiler$1.run(WidgetsetCompiler.java:85)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Widgetset compilation failed

Hi,

I guess you tried to compile widgetset with our eclipse plugin. Too bad it still don’t know how to behave when project files are not in places where Eclipse WTP project has them by default.

So you should compile the widgetset with Maven command like this:
mvn clean install

To deploy the project to a server with maven jetty plugin you can for example issue this command:
mvn jetty:run-war

Or if you have m2e plugin installed in your eclipse you can just do the “run on server…” once you have compiled the widgetset.

cheers,
matti

i just install the earlier version of java SDk 1.5 and its working now.i think it has some issue with the compatibility .Now the application is running.
Thanks

To run the app, open the following url in the mobile device.

http://IPAddress:PortNumber/Vornitologist