Compile widgetset with Spring Boot

Hello,

I’ve created a Vaadin project using Spring Boot (1.4.3) and use the vaadin-spring-boot-starter dependency (1.1.1). I also want to use the Highcharts for Vaadin 7 add-on (by Stefan Endrullis). I’ve tried without the AppWidgetset.gwt.xml and only spring-boot-maven-plugin in the build/plugins part of my POM but it’s not working… In the browser’s web inspector it says that my widgetset version is not up to date or something like this…

Do I really need to compile the widgetset if I want to use this add-on? Isn’t widgetset compilation automatically handled by vaadin-spring-boot-starter?

I’ve tried to copy stuff from https://github.com/joshlong/vaadin-and-spring-talk but when I do a clean install I get this error:

--- vaadin-maven-plugin:7.7.6:update-widgetset (default) @ twitter-followers-evolution ---

[INFO]
 auto discovered modules [AppWidgetset]

[INFO]
 Updating widgetset AppWidgetset
[INFO]
 Adding resource directory to command classpath: /Users/user/Documents/dev/java/eclipse_workspace/twitter-followers-evolution/src/main/resources
[INFO]
 Adding resource directory to command classpath: /Users/user/Documents/dev/java/eclipse_workspace/twitter-followers-evolution/src/main/resources
[INFO]
 Using com.vaadin:vaadin-client version 7.7.1
[INFO]
 Using com.vaadin:vaadin-client-compiler version 7.7.1
[ERROR]
 Error parsing jar file
[ERROR]
 java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid LOC header (bad signature)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.read(Native Method)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.access$1400(ZipFile.java:60)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipFileInputStream.read(ZipFile.java:717)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.zip.ZipFile$ZipFileInflaterInputStream.fill(ZipFile.java:419)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:158)
[ERROR]
     at sun.misc.IOUtils.readFully(IOUtils.java:65)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.jar.JarFile.getBytes(JarFile.java:425)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.jar.JarFile.getManifestFromReference(JarFile.java:193)
[ERROR]
     at java.util.jar.JarFile.getManifest(JarFile.java:180)
[ERROR]
     at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.isSuperMan(URLJarFile.java:174)
[ERROR]
     at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getManifest(URLJarFile.java:142)
[ERROR]
     at com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer.searchForWidgetSetsAndAddonStyles(ClassPathExplorer.java:251)
[ERROR]
     at com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer.getAvailableWidgetSetsAndStylesheets(ClassPathExplorer.java:150)
[ERROR]
     at com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer.getAvailableWidgetSets(ClassPathExplorer.java:135)
[ERROR]
     at com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.WidgetSetBuilder.updateWidgetSet(WidgetSetBuilder.java:64)
[ERROR]
     at com.vaadin.server.widgetsetutils.WidgetSetBuilder.main(WidgetSetBuilder.java:54)

[INFO]
 Widgetsets found from classpath:
[INFO]
 Addon styles found from classpath:
[INFO]

[INFO]
 Search took 6ms

I’ve never really understood this widgetset thing so I’m a bit lost… If you need the source code I can take some time to put it on github…

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ok, so I’ve managed to get the add-on working… and the widgetset compilation wasn’t needed.
I would still be interested about the right way to compile widgetset using Spring Boot.