Calendar AddOn action Listener overwriting

Hello!
I have a question according to the Calendar addOn. In the week view there are two buttons where I can go back or forward for one week. How can I overwrite this two listeners. The reason for this is that I only load the events of the displayed week. Therefore if the user jumbs back for one week I need to load the events for that week from the database. I need this because there are a lot of events and I cannot load them completley.

Thanks for any help!
Florian

You can create your own handlers for forward and back events. Here’s an example:

/**
 * Handles moving backward in the calendar
 */
calendar.setHandler(new BasicBackwardHandler() {
      @Override
      public void backward(BackwardEvent event) {

// Load the data here

super.backward(event);
     }
});

/**
 * Handles moving forward in the calendar
 */
calendar.setHandler(new BasicForwardHandler() {
     @Override
      public void forward(ForwardEvent event) {

// Load the data here

super.forward(event);
     }
});

Thank you very much this was big help. But I have one question remaining: If I press the backwar or forward button is there chance you get the new start and end date, I mean I define when I create the calendar the start and end date. But when I press one of these two buttons this dates are not changed. Can I get the current dates or do I have to solve this in another way.

Thanks,
Florian

If you need the new dates instead of the old ones then instead of overriding backward()/forward() methods you can override the setDates(…) method. The start and end dates are the new dates.

Here is an example:

/**
 * Handles moving backward in the calendar
 */
calendar.setHandler(new BasicBackwardHandler() {
      @Override
      protected void setDates(BackwardEvent event, Date start, Date end) {

// Load the data here

super.setDates(event, start, end);
      } 
});

Hello!
I just want to say thank you for your help, I know it has been a long time ago but the last month I was to busy with management for writing any line of code.
That helped me much!

Florian