Problem with Push switching from vaadin-spring-boot 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

Hi,

I have a Spring-Boot-Vaadin project with Push enabled. Everything works fine with spring-platform-bom Athens-Release, vaadin-spring-boot 1.0.2 and Vaadin 7.4.8. If I try to update to spring-platform-bom Athens-SR1, vaadin-spring-boot 1.1.1 and Vaadin 7.7.6. I get the following error message: “Atmosphere could not be loaded. When using push with Vaadin, the
Atmosphere framework must be present on the classpath.If using a dependency management system, please add a dependency to vaadin-push. If managing dependencies manually, please make sure Atmosphere
2.2.9.vaadin2 is included on the classpath. Will fall back to using PushMode.DISABLED.”
Because Atmosphere 2.2.9.vaadin2 is on the classpth, this seems to be a class loading problem, perhaps in context of spring boot. Any ideas?

Bye,
Michael

Here is a little test project showing the problem:
https://github.com/MichaelZett/pushproblem

After some testing I can say that it has something to do with a difference between
Vaadin 7.7.x
and e.g.
Vaadin 7.6.x
or rather
Atmosphere Framework 2.2.7.vaadin1
and
Atmosphere 2.2.9.vaadin2.

Hi Michael,
just tried your test project and it works for me without errors.
Maybe a corrupted dependency? Have you tried to unpack the fat jar and to verify the atmosphere library ?

Hi,
Thanks for looking. Strange - you actually served to the “start view” without errors? I use the spring tool suite, not the jar itself. I’ll have a look at it this this evening again.
Bye,
Michael

Yes, the start view is served correctly.
I run the project with
mvn spring:run
and even with
java -jar target/xxxxx.jar

Thank you very much. I cleaned my .m2/repository and fetched all dependencies again and now it is running…