error when adding jrebel to spring boot application

Hi.

I created a vaadin application following the vaadin-spring tutorial:
http://vaadin.github.io/spring-tutorial/

So far everything ok.

But then I add jrebel and start the application via
java -noverify -agentpath:path/to/jrebel/lib/jrebel64.dll -jar target/application-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Now the application works fine, until a change any code and then use F5/reload to get a new ui/session.

The exception is as follows. In this example there are 10 beans found. The number starts from about 3 and increases with each failed reload.

Any idea what to do or how to integrate jrebel?

Thanks for help.
Horst

org.springframework.beans.factory.NoUniqueBeanDefinitionException: No qualifying bean of type 'com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean' ava
ilable: expected single matching bean but found 10: com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#0,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayR
egistrationBean#1,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#2,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#3,com.vaadin.sprin
g.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#4,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#5,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegist
rationBean#6,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#7,com.vaadin.spring.internal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#8,com.vaadin.spring.int
ernal.SpringViewDisplayRegistrationBean#9
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.resolveNamedBean(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:1034) ~[spring-beans-4.3.4.RELE
ASE.jar!/:4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBean(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:340) ~[spring-beans-4.3.4.RELEASE.jar!/:
4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBean(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:335) ~[spring-beans-4.3.4.RELEASE.jar!/:
4.3.4.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1093) ~[spring-context-4.3.4.RELEASE.jar!/:4.3
.4.RELEASE]
        at com.vaadin.spring.server.SpringUIProvider.findSpringViewDisplay(SpringUIProvider.java:318) ~[vaadin-spring-1.1.1.jar!/:1.1.1]

at com.vaadin.spring.server.SpringUIProvider.configureNavigator(SpringUIProvider.java:272) ~[vaadin-spring-1.1.1.jar!/:1.1.1]

at com.vaadin.spring.server.SpringUIProvider.createInstance(SpringUIProvider.java:204) ~[vaadin-spring-1.1.1.jar!/:1.1.1]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.UIInitHandler.getBrowserDetailsUI(UIInitHandler.java:191) ~[vaadin-server-7.7.5.jar!/:7.7.5]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.UIInitHandler.synchronizedHandleRequest(UIInitHandler.java:74) ~[vaadin-server-7.7.5.jar!/:7.7.5]

at com.vaadin.server.SynchronizedRequestHandler.handleRequest(SynchronizedRequestHandler.java:41) ~[vaadin-server-7.7.5.jar!/:7.7.5]

at com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.handleRequest(VaadinService.java:1422) ~[vaadin-server-7.7.5.jar!/:7.7.5]

at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:379) ~[vaadin-server-7.7.5.jar!/:7.7.5]

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) ~[tomcat-embed-core-8.5.6.jar!/:8.5.6]

By the way, I notices that the error only happens when using views. As soon as I remove any @SpringView and
@SpringViewDisplay annotation no more reloading error happen.

We get this Exception occasionally too (without JRebel) when we redeploy.
A Tomcat restart usually fixes things.
We haven’t been able to reproduce it in our test setups or I would have filed a bug already.

@SpringViewDisplay annotation and
DCEVM (light) for Java 8u112 (build 8)+Hotswap Agent produce some error after code changed

I have same error

So I remove @SpringViewDisplay and using alternative method

view my code

@SpringUI
public class MyUI extends UI implements ViewDisplay {
@Autowired
SpringNavigator navigator;
@Override
protected void init(VaadinRequest vaadinRequest) {

this.navigator.init(this, (ViewDisplay)this);
}

}

Hope it could help you.

I’m also experiencing this problem. I think the @SpringView annotation cannot be removed, it’s required by Vaadin Navigator / routing?

My workaround is keep the @SpringView annotation, but make the @SpringView class so small that it almost never has to be modified. The only downside is the extra div element(s) caused by the wrapping.

Like this:

/**
 * This class should not be modified. Only modify CollectionSearchView class.
 * This is just a dummy class to contain the @SpringView annotation.
 **/
@SpringView(name = CollectionSearch_SPRING_VIEW.VIEW_NAME)
public class CollectionSearch_SPRING_VIEW extends CssLayout implements View {

private static final long serialVersionUID = -3745216738592498185L;
    public static final String VIEW_NAME = "collection-search";

@Override
    public void enter(ViewChangeListener.ViewChangeEvent event) {
		addComponent(new CollectionSearchView());
    }

}

/**
 * This class can be modified. The actual UI is built here.
 **/
public class CollectionSearchView extends CssLayout {
}