problems with uploads

Hi, somebody can help me please?

Recently in my app, everything was perfect uploading files. I made an update and for some reason throws me an exception and i can´t find anything online. It seems is the response that goes wrong

Sep 13, 2016 9:09:31 PM com.vaadin.server.DefaultErrorHandler doDefault
SEVERE:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can’t find method poll with 0 parameters in com.vaadin.shared.ui.upload.UploadServerRpc
at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcMethodInvocation.findInvocationMethod(ServerRpcMethodInvocation.java:82)
at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcMethodInvocation.(ServerRpcMethodInvocation.java:42)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.parseServerRpcInvocation(ServerRpcHandler.java:489)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.parseInvocation(ServerRpcHandler.java:433)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.parseInvocations(ServerRpcHandler.java:377)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleInvocations(ServerRpcHandler.java:244)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleRpc(ServerRpcHandler.java:202)
at com.vaadin.server.communication.UidlRequestHandler.synchronizedHandleRequest(UidlRequestHandler.java:95)
at com.vaadin.server.SynchronizedRequestHandler.handleRequest(SynchronizedRequestHandler.java:41)
at com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.handleRequest(VaadinService.java:1408)
at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:350)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:162)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:201)
at net.bull.javamelody.MonitoringFilter.doFilter(MonitoringFilter.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:610)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:315)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

So, do you mean you updated to Vaadin 7.7.0 or what did you update? Also, how are you uploading the files? Are you able to share any relevant code?

I am using Vaadin 7.5. I don´t know if maybe this is causing the troubles. When I said I updated the app, I mean I did some changes in my code but I did not touch the code that handles the uploads.

I did some debugging, the file uploads fine to the server and the file data is stored fine in the database. It is in the response that fails and throws this exception.

And something else happens now. On the server, I removed the war file with the changes and put again the previous war file, the one that it was working fine, and now, this one fails too with the same error. It does not make any sense.

Maybe some browser cache problem with the widgetset?
UploadServerRpc.poll method was introduced in vaadin 7.6 (as stated in javadocs)

M-any hours passed
A-fter trying to solved
R-eady my app
C-all me when you come to Colombia
O-we you a lot

thanks, That really did the trick. I updated Vaadin 7.5 to 7.6.6 and it solved my problem.

Glad I could help :slight_smile:

Hi,
This looks like an old post but I recently realized with vaadin 7.7.7 update an issue is raised on Upload process flow on ServerRpcMethodInvocation method in ServerRPCHandler.

Line 569
ClientConnector connector = connectorTracker.getConnector(connectorId);

returns null and gives null pointer exception on below line

ServerRpcManager<?> rpcManager = connector.getRpcManager(interfaceName);

After Downgrading to 7.7.6 issue did disappear.

I got the same error, could not upload files bigger than 5MB. Looks like a bug in 7.7.7. After downgrading to 7.7.6, upload worked perfectly again with big files (tested with 60+MB ).

There is already a bug filed as https://github.com/vaadin/framework/issues/8629