Spock testing with Spring

I’m writing a Spring Boot application and recently added Vaadin to build out the UI.

My application has existing tests that make use of Spock and its mocking provisions. The trouble is, when I attempt to run my existing tests, I’m getting an error from Vaadin:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'vaadinServiceFactory': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: No VaadinService bound to current thread

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:175)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.getObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:127)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1600)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:254)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197)
    at org.springframework.boot.test.mock.mockito.ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.resetMocks(ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.java:66)
    at org.springframework.boot.test.mock.mockito.ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.resetMocks(ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.java:53)
    at org.springframework.boot.test.mock.mockito.ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.afterTestMethod(ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.java:48)
    at org.springframework.test.context.TestContextManager.afterTestMethod(TestContextManager.java:319)
    at org.spockframework.spring.SpringTestContextManager.afterTestMethod(SpringTestContextManager.java:58)
    at org.spockframework.spring.SpringInterceptor.interceptCleanupMethod(SpringInterceptor.java:68)
    at org.spockframework.runtime.extension.AbstractMethodInterceptor.intercept(AbstractMethodInterceptor.java:31)
    at org.spockframework.runtime.extension.MethodInvocation.proceed(MethodInvocation.java:87)
    at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137)
    at com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:117)
    at com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:42)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:262)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:84)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:147)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No VaadinService bound to current thread
    at org.vaadin.spring.context.VaadinServiceFactory.getObject(VaadinServiceFactory.java:22)
    at org.vaadin.spring.context.VaadinServiceFactory.getObject(VaadinServiceFactory.java:14)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:168)
    ... 18 more

I’m not sure what’s causing this, or what I should do about it. It appears that org.springframework.boot.test.mock.mockito.ResetMocksTestExecutionListener.resetMocks() is throwing things for a loop, but much Googling has gotten me nowhere.

Full source code for my application is available to review: https://gitlab.koehn.com/bkoehn/self-hosted-social/commit/ad4a584060b1d2bdf4ea190939b39821ae835e89

I gave up and moved all the Vaadin to a separate subproject. That way I can have Spring @Autowired stuff in my integration tests, and I can also use Vaadin. Wish that would get fixed.