Microsoft Edge & IE Subwindows do not close

Hi,

In our Vaadin App (Currently running 7.6.8) modal sub-windows do not close in IE or Edge browsers. Work fine in other browsers.

The faded background behind the window disappears on clicking the X (Or on other window.close() event), And subsequently refreshing the page then shows it without the window (I have @PreserveOnRefresh active). But under normal circumstances, the window itself still remains on the screen. Items behind the window (If I drag and move it) are still visible.

There are no console errors.

Couldn’t find anything in the bug tracker.

Any ideas?

Hi!

Can you reproduce the issue here? http://demo.vaadin.com/sampler/#ui/structure/window
If you can, then it’s a framework bug and you can report it here:
http://dev.vaadin.com

If not, then we’ll have to dig deeper :slight_smile:

Works fine there! Must be an issue on my end somewhere. No idea where to look and why it is just Microsoft family affected.

I suspect it may be theme related

Well, the sampler is running 7.6.4, so it might still be a framework bug. Any chance you can try that version?

If you add ?debug to your URL when opening the app, and test the window, do you get any error notifications?

I just tried a different theme and it is working. So it must be something I have done in the theme. 1000’s of lines!, Not sure where to start! I didn’t think the theme would affect the functionality though. Must have done it some how :slight_smile:

A theme should not affect that behaviour, since the window div element either is or is not in the DOM. That said, I really have no idea what’s happening, and unfortunately I don’t have a windows machine to test with here either =/

I’ll post here If I figure out what specifically in the theme is causing the issue. It is a rather complex theme though. But I can confirm that simply changing between 2 different custom themes we have triggers this behaviour. And the themes are not too different. So I’ll run a diff on them and narrow it down… but it may not be for a while. Internet Explorer and Edge are not high priority.

Yeah, plase do. Good luck with the hunt :slight_smile:

Hey, if anyone still have this problem, here’s how I solved it:
Theme minification was enabled with Yahoo yuicompressor v2.4.8.
I don’t have the problem with v2.4.7.