Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Grid Inline Editing with Combo boxes

Mahdi Mankai
5 years ago Aug 03, 2016 1:45pm

Hi,

I am trying to enable inline editing for a grid of entity objects of type Issue. Each issue has a cause represented by the attribute issueCause of type Cause. When editing the row, I would like to display a combo box with a list of existing values. I believe I've done everything right except when I try to edit a row by double clicking on it, I get the following exception:

Caused by: com.vaadin.data.util.converter.Converter$ConversionException: Unable to convert value of type ...entity.IssueCause to presentation type class java.lang.String. No converter is set and the types are not compatible.

I tried to set a converter on the column, the actual combo box but with now luck. Does anyone have an idea.

I found this example: https://github.com/KrishnaPhani/KrishnasSpace/blob/master/Vaadin/VaadinGrid/src/com/krishna/vaadin/grid/basics/AbstractGridView.java which is supposed to do exactly what I want. I followed it but it doesnt work for me and I always get the same error.