Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

who uses vaadin

T D
1 decade ago Mar 31, 2010 10:44pm
Jouni Koivuviita
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 7:45am
Artem Medeu
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 8:51am
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 10:51am

From the top of my mind a handful of the systems where IT Mill has been participating to development. (These systems are either publicly accessible or that have otherwise given a reference permit - there would be quite a few which I would like to list, but can not):

• Teagle Group Teagle system for coordinating usability testing (get a free trial account from their web-shop (also implemented in Vaadin) to try it out - it is really nice looking system)
  • Logica Rondo R8 document management system. A really large software product that is widely used by large enterprises and public sector.
  • Orion Pharma's enterprise systems for managing pharmaceutical product information (info)
  • Logica TYVI portal for coordinating data exchange (taxes, etc) between officials and corporations
  • Ista Finland (currently Rejlers) Utility Web products (info)
  • Motonet - leading car parts retailer in Finland
  • Vaadin Directory :)
Last updated on Apr, 1st 2010
Jouni Koivuviita
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 11:27am
Matti Tahvonen
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 12:11pm
Christopher Brind
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 12:38pm
Charles Anthony
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 12:57pm

Hi,

"We" are HPD Software; we develop software for banks and financial insitutions, specializing in Invoice Discounting and Factoring systems. (See this site for an explanation of factoring and invoice discounting).

Our software is installed all over the world, run by large banking companies - many of which you would have heard of. Some of our clients are mentioned on our website (I apologise for the quality of the site, by the way; designed and updated by our sales team, not by the technical people!); for commercial reasons, I cannot name many of them.

We are planning at some point in the next two years to migrate our front end from Swing to Vaadin; this is a very large task (hundreds of screens and components), and so will have to be done in phases.

As a pilot, to feel out any problems and to validate the technology, we are using Vaadin as a front end to an analysis product called Gemini : we are extracting data from end-users accounting packages, such as Sage, MYOB and Quickbooks, and collating them together on a database, where the data can be viewed, analyzed, queried and so on - before the data is exported to back-office applications, such as our own Aquarius and I-Factor products. All of the GUI for the product inside of the factoring company is being built with Vaadin.

It's important to note that our software is mostly designed for people *inside* the bank to use, not for casual end users; I do not think it out of place to say that Vaadin is not the technology to look at if you are looking to develop an application with hundreds of thousands of concurrent users, such as YouTube or Amazon or EBay. However, there are very few such applications in the real world - most business applications are run internally inside organisations, supporting much lower user numbers - and this is where Vaadin shines.

Hope That Helps,

Cheers,

Charles.

Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 1:03pm
Marat Gubaidullin
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 3:59pm
Dmitri Livotov
1 decade ago Apr 01, 2010 4:17pm
T D
1 decade ago Apr 04, 2010 1:42am
Joonas Lehtinen