Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Vaadin-Grid capabilities towards row/column transposing?

Lonnie Cumberland
5 years ago Jul 21, 2016 3:36pm

Greetings All,

I am new to using the Vaadin Framework but it looks to be very well designed. My interest, in particular at this moment, is with the Polymer-Elements integration with Vaadin and with the use of the Vaadin-Grid.

Currently, I have a project in which I want to be able to generate a type of comparison table for simple products. As such, I have investigated various JavaScript web spreadsheets like GelSheet, and others, as well as to look into different types of tables and grids like DataTables, and dgrid to name a few, until recently it was suggested for me to investigate Vaadin-Grid as we had also investigated Polymner-Elements as well and like that framework.

I have a number of things that I would like to be able to do with the grid, but one of the important things is to be able to display images in the column & row headers as well as I would like to be able to transpose rows and columns by clicking a button on the grid, or table.  I am not sure if Vaadin-Grid can do this, but it does seem to be able to handle the other nice things like sorting rows/columns as well as loading from a json data source.

Any insights into the Vaadin-Grid capabilities in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and have a great day,
Lonnnie