What do you think about Vaadin Directory?

So what do you think? Will it rock the Vaadin world or not? What works and what not so? Any other ideas, questions, comments about it?

Congratulation! It’s a great job.
However, can you add please a filtering feature by license (GPL, AGPL, CVAL…) ?
Thanks.

We had such a filter when the UI was on drawing board. Finally we opted for simplicity and left this one out.

Hannu is the user experience mastermind behind the current design. Hannu - would you like to comment on this one?

I still don’t get the CVAL license “per developer” clause. I start a company and buy, say, the Timeline component.
Then I hire a programmer to help me. Do I need to buy a second license ? Then we grow to 8 people, and 4 people program the backend (little or no UI, all business logic) 4 the front end. Do I need to buy 2 more ? 6 more ?

Please add a FAQ (*) : How many licenses do I need ?

(*) as in modern journalism, Frequent means “once or more than once”.

Essentially per developer clause in CVAL is just like photoshop / flex builder / myeclipse / any other software package limited by the number of users. Buying more licenses while the team grows is problematic. I hope that this will be resolved in the future by adding possibility for the licensors to set volume discount levels. This way one might opt to buy “10-person team license” even though they only have 3 persons - and it might not even cost much more. But this all depends of the licensor who is setting the prices.

You are right - this is clearly a FAQ.