GridUtil GridCellFilter and Viritin MGrid

Hello everyone. I am using the Viritin addon’s MGrid in an application in addition to the GridUtil addon. Now setting a cell filter (text) on the MGrid results in java.lang.ClassCastException: org.vaadin.viritin.ListContainer cannot be cast to com.vaadin.data.Container$Filterable

I know as per the source code of MGrid ListContainer is set as the default container datasource. My question is there a way I can workaround this so I can use the cell filters of GridCellFilter with MGrid? Thanks in advance

Hi,
you can give MGrid a FilterableListContainer.

HTH
Marco

Hello. Sorry for the very long delay in my response. Went on my honeymoon ;-).

Anyway, this seemed to work with some of my views and I strangely was getting errors in some other views telling me some properties of my bean could not be found in the container even though I could swear the properties were in the bean and had proper getters and setters. It was absolutely random. Same code would work with some views, and not with others.

Due to deadline pressure, I’ve simply switched to giving the MGrid a BeanItemContainer for now. I’ll try trouble shooting again later. Thanks for your response