ComboBox: variable pop-up opener width

Hello World!

I’m very new to Vaadin and I’m currently building a prototype to see if Vaadin fits our needs. Currently, I’m playing with themes and I encountered a problem:

• We have a big combo box in header (for searching) and the rest of application has normal sized combo boxes.
  • I added style for the header search box:
    searchBox.addStyleName("header-search");
  • I added CSS classes for the button:
    .v-filterselect-header-search .v-filterselect-button { width: 30px; height: 30px; background: url("combobox/header-search-button.gif") no-repeat scroll right top; }

However, the button slides down, because the text box is too wide. My guess is that VFilterSelect.getPopUpOpenerWidth is somehow called before the opener is added to the combo box and the width is calculated incorrectly. If I define non-standard width for the .v-filterselect-button selector, it works as expected, but then I will not be able to set the width for other combo boxes.

/* This works for the header. */
.v-filterselect-button,
.v-filterselect-header-search .v-filterselect-button {
	width:      30px;
	height:     30px;
	background: url("combobox/header-search-button.gif") no-repeat scroll right top;
}

Is there some trick to have different opener sizes for different combo box styles, or is it not supported at the moment?