Widget class org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.client.ui.VFilterTable was not found.

I am adding the filtertable addon to the project but the GWT compiler on the widgetsets keeps give me the follow warning and as a result the client side are not compiled.

The class exists in the filteringtable-0.5.1.jar and popupbutton-1.0.0.jar

Any idea what’s going on?

[WARN]

Widget class org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.client.ui.VFilterTable was not found. The component org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTable will not be included in the widgetset.
[WARN]
Widget class com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VCustomScrollTable was not found. The component com.vaadin.ui.CustomTable will not be included in the widgetset.
[WARN]
Widget class org.vaadin.hene.popupbutton.widgetset.client.ui.VPopupButton was not found. The component org.vaadin.hene.popupbutton.PopupButton will not be included in the widgetset.
Widget set will contain implementations for following components:
com.vaadin.ui.AbsoluteLayout
com.vaadin.ui.Accordion
com.vaadin.ui.Audio
com.vaadin.ui.Button
com.vaadin.ui.CheckBox
com.vaadin.ui.ComboBox
com.vaadin.ui.CssLayout
com.vaadin.ui.CustomComponent
com.vaadin.ui.CustomLayout

Hi,

sounds like the GWT compiler can’t find the add-on JARs at all.

How are you compiling the widgetset? If you do it with the vaadin eclipse plugin, please make sure that you have both the filtertable and popupbutton jars placed in the WebContent/WEB-INF/lib directory of your project.

-Tepi

Hi Tepi

look like it found the jars as I see the jars being reported in the earlier potion of the log.
I’ve tried using both maven and ant script to compile. The same result.
At one point of time, I noticed the gwt compiler (2.4.0) complained the java files in the filtertable=0.5.1.jar. The one downloaded from maven contains java files. I tried with removing the java files in the jar and left only classes. The complaint on java files goes away but the warning (show above) still remains.

[INFO]
Updating widgetset com.myproj.MyWidgetset
[ERROR]
Apr 25, 2012 11:55:03 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
[ERROR]
INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
[ERROR]
com.myproj.MyWidgetset in file://R/myproj//src/main/resources
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.hene.popupbutton.widgetset.PopupbuttonWidgetset in jar:file:R:/repository/org/vaadin/addons/popupbutton/1.0.0-p1/popupbutton-1.0.0.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.teemu.wizards.WizardsforvaadinWidgetset in jar:file:R:/repository/org/vaadin/addons/wizards-for-vaadin/0.4.1/wizards-for-vaadin-0.4.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:R:/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.7.8/vaadin-6.7.8.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.easyuploads.EasyuploadsWidgetset in jar:file:R:/repository/org/vaadin/addons/easyuploads/0.4.9/easyuploads-0.4.9.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset in jar:file:R:/repository/org/vaadin/addons/filteringtable/0.5.1-p1/filteringtable-0.5.1.jar!/
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
Apr 25, 2012 11:55:03 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
[ERROR]
INFO: Search took 7ms
[INFO]
[resources:testResources {execution: default-testResources}]

[INFO]
Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.

I got it working with ant script and switch to use 0.5.3 version of the filterrable jar. The previous one didn’t have the vcustomtable java file included.

maven compiler still not working an complains:
Validating newly compiled units
[INFO]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/R:/repository/org/vaadin/addons/filteringtable/0.5.3/filteringtable-0.5.3.jar!/com/vaa
din/terminal/gwt/client/ui/VCustomScrollTable.java’
[INFO]
Line 2542: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Line 2562: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Line 2589: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Line 2627: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Line 2673: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Line 2684: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Line 2701: The method isTouchEventOrLeftMouseButton(Event) is undefined for the type Util
[INFO]
Removing invalidated units

I’m currently running into very similar problem with this addon. Using latest version for vaadin 6 (0.8.6) and getting the following errors during wigdetset compile (maven 3.0.4):

[INFO]
 --- gwt-maven-plugin:2.2.0:compile (default) @ teamtracker-ui ---
[INFO]
 auto discovered modules [ru.mera.teamtracker.ui.widgetset.TeamTrackerWidgetSet]

[INFO]
 Compiling module ru.mera.teamtracker.ui.widgetset.TeamTrackerWidgetSet
[INFO]
    Validating newly compiled units
[INFO]
       [ERROR]
 Errors in 'jar:file:/D:/smakarov/development/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/filteringtable/0.8.4/filteringtable-0.8.4.jar!/com/vaadin/terminal/gwt/client/ui/VCustomScrollTable.java'
[INFO]
          [ERROR]
 Line 7574: The method getFocusElement() is undefined for the type FocusableScrollPanel
[INFO]
    Scanning for additional dependencies: jar:file:/D:/smakarov/development/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.8.1/vaadin-6.8.1.jar!/com/vaadin/terminal/gwt/client/WidgetSet.java
[INFO]
       Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap'
[INFO]
          Rebinding com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap
[INFO]
             Invoking generator com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.EagerWidgetMapGenerator
[INFO]
                Detecting Vaadin components in classpath to generate WidgetMapImpl.java ...
[ERROR]
 Mar 28, 2013 12:20:20 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
[ERROR]
 INFO: Searching for paintables..
[ERROR]
 Mar 28, 2013 12:20:25 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
[ERROR]
 INFO: Search took 4921ms
[INFO]
                [WARN]
 Widget class org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.client.ui.VFilterTreeTable was not found. The component org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTreeTable will not be included in the widgetset.
[INFO]
                [WARN]
 Widget class org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.client.ui.VFilterTable was not found. The component org.tepi.filtertable.FilterTable will not be included in the widgetset.
[INFO]
                [WARN]
 Widget class com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VCustomScrollTable was not found. The component com.vaadin.ui.CustomTable will not be included in the widgetset.
[INFO]
                Widget set will contain implementations for following components: 
[INFO]
                	com.vaadin.ui.AbsoluteLayout
[INFO]
                	com.vaadin.ui.Accordion

I did a little research and found that this is not reproducible with 0.8.3, started with 0.8.4 and further. Would be great if this addon is fixed since latest versions contain important fixes (especially for column collapsing handling).

Hi,

And thanks for the issue report! This issue seems to be due to internal changes in the framework. Due to this, FilteringTable versions 0.8.4 and later require at least Vaadin 6.8.7 to function properly. The Directory does not allow for such fine-grained version compatibility definitions, so I added a note to the add-on description.

The situation is unfortunate, but same as with the framework versions, I’m only going to maintain a version that is compatible with the latest vaadin version (of either 6 or 7 variety). If you are not able to upgrade the vaadin version of your project, and absolutely need the features/fixes of later FilteringTable versions, you might need to make a custom build of it yourself.

-tepi

Also, please use either the
“official” FilteringTable thread
or
github
to report issues, since I do get notified on any activity in those. I just might miss the issues reported in other threads :).