Panel Resizable

Dear All,

I’m looking to found the source code of the demo sampler Vaadin for the Panel see picture

Thank for your help.

Lino
26101.png

Hi Lino,
please see the attachment.

sample = new Panel("Panel caption");
sample.setHeight(100.0f, Unit.PERCENTAGE);

final VerticalLayout contentLayout = new VerticalLayout();
contentLayout.setWidth(500, Unit.PIXELS);
contentLayout.setMargin(true);
contentLayout.addComponent(new Label(ExampleUtil.lorem.substring(0,
2000), ContentMode.HTML));

sample.setContent(contentLayout);

Best,
Enver

26103.png

Hi Enver,

Thank for your fast reply unfortunately the Vaadin code doesn’t reproduce the demo :frowning:

Regards

Lino

Hi Lino!

What are you missing? A full project?

As far as I can see, you can easily use the above snippet and put it into the UI class of the
default Vaadin7 project you can create using the Vaadin Eclipse Plugin.

https://vaadin.com/forum/#!/thread/335188/9833303

We did not release the full sampler project as we did in the past with the Vaadin 6 sampler.

https://dev.vaadin.com/browser/svn/versions/6.6/demo/src/com/vaadin/demo/sampler

Is the ‘old’ sampler but it should pretty much give you the rest you’re missing, most of all the ‘lorem’ string.

HTH,.
Enver

Hi Enver,

Maybe I’m wrong but all this code show a simple Panel with no functionality to resize by the user ?
I have seen this before, code I not doing what I looking for.

Thank for your time and help appreciate.

Regards
Lino

26109.png

Hi Lino,

I see your point now. Seems like you’re missing the container around the panel – and it looks like even the 500px horizontal width from the code is not there in the demo.

I have told the people in charge of the demo about your post.

Best,
Enver

The resize handle is not a feature of the Panel component. It a custom feature built for Sampler, and can be seen in many other samples there as well, such as any other component container of äär layout demo.

the 500px sets the width of the text label inside the Panel, to illustrate that you het scrollbars on the panel if its content overflows.

Hi Jouni and Enver,

Thank for your help, now I know is a third party component, but It will be great to have the code because the functionality is good.

Regards

Hi Lino,

in that case - please can you contact our Sales team and see if you can come to an agreement?
See vaadin.com/company – you find the contact addresses below the many photos!

Regards,
–Enver

Hi Enver,

I know now more or less “how to do it” I go some info, now I have to do it ;0)

Thank very much for all your helps

Regards

Lino