MVP addon for Vaadin 7

Hello

Our application uses Vaadin 6 and we are planning to migrate it to Vaadin 7.
We used the following addon for MVP design…
https://vaadin.com/directory#!addon/mvp4vaadin

Unfortunately, vaadin 7 is not supported by this addon.

Is there any other
MVP addon available which supports Vaadin 7 ? Ideally with minimal change in code.

We are kind of got stuck with our migration as this MVP addon is the basic design/model in our application.
Kindly respond.

Thank you

Hello,

What parts of MVP4Vaadin are you using? The MVP-parts should be pretty easy to reimplement, but the navigation parts are trickier since they were created before the Vaadin navigation API was introduced.

-Petter-

Thank you for your reply, Petter.

We are using - View, Presenter classes.

import com.github.peholmst.mvp4vaadin.ViewEvent;
import com.github.peholmst.mvp4vaadin.ViewListener;
import com.github.peholmst.mvp4vaadin.View;
import com.github.peholmst.mvp4vaadin.Presenter;
import com.github.peholmst.mvp4vaadin.AbstractView;
import com.github.peholmst.mvp4vaadin.VaadinView;

Please let me know how to upgrade these to Vaadin 7.

Thank you

I just had a look at these classes and they should be pretty straight-forward to port to Vaadin 7. Most of them do not use any Vaadin APIs at all and can be ported as-is.

I’d suggest you copy all the classes to your project as-is and see what happens.

-Petter-

Many thanks for your reply.

I tried porting the mvp4vaadin addon classes into my project.
View, Presenter and some more classes use classes from (stuff4vaadin addon) the below packages…

com.github.peholmst.stuff4vaadin.adapter.*
com.github.peholmst.stuff4vaadin.visitor.*

and stuff4vaadin addon is not supported by Vaadin 7.

The list of stuff4vaadin classes used by mvp4vaadin addon are Adaptable and AdaptableSupport, UnsupportedAdapterException , Visitor , VisitableList classes.
I couldnt find any relevant documentation about the purpose of these classes.

Any suggestions ?

Those classes also should not have anything to do with Vaadin, but are used internally by MVP4Vaadin to avoid code duplication. Your could just copy-paste those classes into your own project and see if it helps.

Thank you Petter.
I have those classes in my local project.

Our project has another add-on which has classes extend from CustomComponent & AbstractComponent and they overrides method

public void paintContent(PaintTarget target) throws PaintException {

super.paintContent(target);

and this method does not seem to be in Vaadin 7 anymore.

What should I use in order to paint / repaint ?

Thanks

That is a question I unfortunately don’t know the answer to. :frowning: Maybe somebody else in this forum knows?

Oh :frowning:
Will post this question separate and hoping somebody would answer as this would block our migration to Vaadin 7.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.