SplitterState and HorizontalSplitPanel issue in App Engine

Just tried a sample application on GAE with a HorizontalSplitPanel, was surprised to see a NotSerializable exception @ com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.splitpanel.AbstractSplitPanelState$SplitterState

Any reason why this class was not serialized?

However, after overriding the getState() to replace the SplitterState with its serializable subclass, the exception is no longer thrown. But on page refresh the position (width of the components) is lost. In other words I had added 2 vertical panels to the HorizontalSplitPanel, on refresh the second panel disappears and the loading icon gets red @ the top right corner.

Has anybody come across similar issue? Any suggestion would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Still scratching my head to understand what is happening in this case. No error message, no stack trace, no errors in console, no clue on how to debug this issue either but just one small hint - in the browser (chrome) developer tools - network I see the status pending for the path http://localhost:8888/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet/com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet.nocache.js?1334651302409 - any suggestion/advice on this?

Has anybody come across similar issue? Has it got some thing to do with my code? - my application hardly has ~20 loc with just 3 simple components. Am I missing any configuration here?

Is there any Vaadin7 demo application (sampler) deployed in app engine?

Thanks.

The SplitterState Serializable issue was fixed today and the fix is included in alpha2. Try that and see if it helps.

Thanks Artur, the panels are getting displayed properly as well.