Trying to use the GWT-GRAPHICS

Hello,

I am new to vaadin, am trying to add the gwt-graphics jar to my project and compile the project. When I run the project, I get run time exceptions :
Cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/vaadin/gwtgraphics/client/shape/Rectangle
at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(ListenerMethod.java:532)
at com.vaadin.event.EventRouter.fireEvent(EventRouter.java:164)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.fireEvent(AbstractComponent.java:1219)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractLayout.fireClick(AbstractLayout.java:137)
at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractLayout.changeVariables(AbstractLayout.java:113)
at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.changeVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1445)
at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariableBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1393)
at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1312)
at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.doHandleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:763)
at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:296)
at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:501)

I am also using Vaadin Visualisations, that works fine.
Can anyone please throw some light on what am doing wrong?

Hi,

Looks like you are trying to use GWT Graphics on the server side code. GWT Graphics is just a GWT library so you can use it only on the client side when creating a widget for Vaadin.

-Henri

Thank you for the reply, I guess thats what is wrong too.
What else in Vaadin can I use to implement a rectangle? or any other shapes on the server side UI?

CanvasWidget
provides a server side API.

Thanks a lot for you reply :slight_smile: worked just fine :slight_smile: