Issue while closing a pop up window ( from tabs )

Hi

Presently I am working on an application which involves tabs.
In one tab, a table is loaded based on user inputs ( drop down box ).

When clicking on one of the rows, a pop up widow is displayed . Until this, every thing is fine.

After, the window is closed, while clicking on the row of the table, i am getting the following exception, not sure why ?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.vaadin.ui.TabSheet.paintContent(TabSheet.java:240)
        at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.paint(AbstractComponent.java:710)
        at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractOrderedLayout.paintContent(AbstractOrderedLayout.java:146)
        at com.vaadin.ui.Panel.paintContent(Panel.java:240)
        at com.vaadin.ui.Window.paintContent(Window.java:553)
        at com.vaadin.ui.Window.paintContent(Window.java:576)
        at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.paintAfterVariableChanges(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:779)
        at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.doHandleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:592)
        at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:260)
        at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:438)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
        at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
        at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)

Please throw some light regarding this issue.

Regards
Vasu Patnaik.

Just looked the stacktrace and TabSheet code (
TabSheet.java in 6.2
). It looks like you simply have a null component in the TabSheet.

Can you verify that all the component references that you use when adding tabs (either addTab or addComponent) are not null.

Hi Sami

Thanks for the response.

I checked the code, I guess, I am not sending null components to tab component.

Attaching a file to replicate the issue. Do rename the file to .java.

Thanks n Regardz
Vasu Patnaik
11272.doc (4.49 KB)

Hi

Created a ticket for this issue at this location → http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/4641

Regards
Vasu Patnaik