Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.
Vaadin Grid - Strange behaviour
I observed the following behaviour on the grid and I am not sure what to do with it/if there is a workaround or if this is an actual bug. Maybe someone could reproduce and confirm?
- Goto: https://vaadin.com/grid
- Make the browser width so small that the horizontal scrollbar becomes visible for the grid
- Scroll to the far right in the grid
- Switch browser width to state where no scrollbar fo the grid is needed (e.g. fullscreen)
- Switch back to size where scrollbar is needed
- Try to scroll horizontally (with a click on the scrollbar)
Result: the scrollbar disappears.
This post seems to have slipped through our fingers, sorry about that. It's an interesting issue, since I can still reproduce it in that old page that is inaccessible for public now, but I can't reproduce it in the actual linked demo page. Something about that embedding seems to play into the issue, but I don't have access to investigate it deeper currently. However, it's a Vaadin 7.6 demo, and quite a few things have changed since those times, so for all I know this problem has been fixed as well. If anyone knows better or has a simple test project that reproduces the issue, let us know and we'll take a closer look.