Vaadin 6.7.7 is available

Vaadin 6.7.7 is a maintenance release for the 6.7 branch of Vaadin Framework.

This release contains only bug fixes. For a detailed list, see the
list of closed issues
in Vaadin Trac for a detailed change log. For other release information, see the
Release Notes

Get the installation package from the download site at
http://vaadin.com/download
. If you are using the Vaadin Plugin for Eclipse, upgrade the Vaadin version from the project preferences. If using Maven, the repositories will replicate in a few hours.

As always, when upgrading from an earlier version, you should recompile any custom widget sets and refresh your project in Eclipse. See the
General Upgrade Notes
for more details on upgrading.

Quickly, it appears that 6.7.7 has broken all my Tables. That is, when I now add a new Item, the first Item in the Table gets blanked out (the whole row appears blank). And the blank row cannot be selected. If I exit and reload the Table, then the original first row appears again.

This happens in FF 11 and Chrome 18 and IE 9. When I revert to 6.7.6, this bug goes away.

Just to be sure, please check again that you have recompiled your widgetset and that the newly compiled widgetset is in use - especially if you are serving resources statically. Refresh/clear any caches on the browser and working directories on the server. Also make sure a new version of the theme is used.

If it still does not work, please create a ticket, preferably with a code snippet for reproducing the problem.

Yes, I did recompile the widgetset after the update.

Here’s a youtube that shows it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8Ebn892Yo&hd=1

I noted that if I resort a column header, the blank row is made visible again. By the way, the blank row is not a new blank row, but actually an existing row that is no longer being rendered. And if the table has scrollbars already, it won’t happen.

I created
ticket 8662
… I’m not doing anything odd, just addItem() to my table’s beanitemcontainer, and of course when I revert back to 6.7.6 (and re-compile the widgetset again), the issue does not appear.

Here’s another youtube video that shows the same bug, but using Reindeer Theme, showing the ?debug console, and then showing that just by adjusting the slider until the Table’s scrollbars appears, the blank row re-appears.
[url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3bTm7yTss&hd=1]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3bTm7yTss&hd=1
[/url]

The table problem should be now fixed in the new 6.7.8.

You seem to be still suffering from the jumpy layout problem. It would be great if you could isolate the problem somehow with a minimal program. I think there was a ticket about it(?).

Great! I’ll give it a try.

I think the jumpy layout may be hard to fix, but I’ll see if I can create a simpler test case. I think it has something to do with immediate data being sent to the server, and then the server recalculates widths in layouts that operate on percentages or have expand ratios, etc.

Wonderful! This did resolve it.

Yes, I have updated
http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/7853
I’ll chalk it up to an error on my end, though I don’t know if the scenario is valid or not. Basically, if you create a Form using GridLayout with two columns and put two Labels in, but one Label has setSizeUndefined() while the other does not (and is thus 100% wide), and then as I changed records via the Table which changed the Form’s Item, this changed the contents of those labels, which caused a shift, but it also seemed to confuse the rest of the GridLayout because it would shift even when other fields changed values. Odd, but I don’t think it’s a problem for me anymore.