Widgetset breaking on execution

Hi all,

this goes way beyond my current understanding, so hope anyone can shed some light on whats happening here…

My app runs fine, but after a while, several elements of the page get somehow mad and get severe layout errors that turn my application unusable and need to refresh, losing the state of the session and having to start the task all over.

Since couldn’t see any errors on tomcat I decided to dig in the browser and found that the console was outputting the following:

com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js:6919 Thu May 12 09:54:59 GMT+200 2016 com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConnection
SEVERE: Error processing layoutscom.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) : Cannot read property ‘ah’ of null
at Unknown.Ysd(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.z2b(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.S2b(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.A2b(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.Q2b(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.B$b(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.MZb(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.KZb(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.m_b(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.My(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.hz(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.eval(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.Yi(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown._i(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)
at Unknown.eval(com.sofia.ui.MyAppWidgetset-0.js)

So looks as there is some unexpected issue on the js side. Widgets, which is not among my strong skills. I have done basic widget development, but this seems to involve js debugging, and don’t even know where to look at first.

If anyone has any ideas, thanks for any insights.

Best regards,

Carlos.

Yes, what you see is a typical client side exception. Widgetset is actually Javascript code generated by GWT compiler. In order to keep pageloading times efficient and Widgetset compact, in normal production mode GWT compiler produces Javascript where function names etc. are random cryptic and short strings (e.g. Ysd, z2b, …). In order to decipher the exception the first thing is to recompile the Widgetset with “detailed” option. After that the exception uses more understandable function names and you may get an idea what part is breaking.

thanks Tatu for the quick answer…

following the advice will post the results upon occurrence of the next breakdown with full function names…

Regards,

Carlos.

thank you