Chart drill down eventListener

Is there anyway to add an event listner for drill down events on Vaadin charts? I can see there is the method addChartDrillupListener(ChartDrillupListener) but no corresponding addChartDrilldownListener.

We basically need to know when a user drill’s down, and to get the series data for the “drilled down” level. The closest I can get is:

chart.addPointClickListener(event -> {

final DataSeries ds = (DataSeries) event.getSeries();
            final DataSeriesItem dataSeriesItem2 = ds.get(event.getPointIndex());

System.out.println(ds);
            System.out.println(dataSeriesItem2);

System.out.println(dataSeriesItem2.getX());
            System.out.println(dataSeriesItem2.getY());
        });

Unfortunately this only gives me the top level data series, and I can see no way of getting the child series from the parent series.

In addition, I would like to change the color of the bars (Column with Multilevel Drilldown). Is any of this possible?

Thanks

I think you can do it like that: chart.setDrilldownCallback(new DrilldownCallback() { @Override public Series handleDrilldown(DrilldownEvent event) { return getPointDrilldown(event.getItem()); } }); In the DrilldownEvent you can get series on drilldown appeared.

Hi Dmitrii,

Thanks for your reply, I’d seen that you can use a callback via. an async drilldown and grab the data there which solved 1 of the problems.

The other problem is that I can’t change the color of a column when it’s clicked. I’ve got the following code, but it doesn’t change the colour of the clicked on column, and I see a “data is undefined” error in the js console:

[code]
chart.addPointClickListener(event → {
final DataSeries series = (DataSeries) event.getSeries();
final DataSeriesItem item = series.get(event.getPointIndex());

// change the colour
        item.setColor(SolidColor.CORAL);

// let the chart know it's updated
        series.setConfiguration(chart.getConfiguration());
        series.update(item);
    });

[/code]Normally this should work in Highcharts, is this a bug in the Vaadin add-on library?

I also tried:

[code]
chart.addPointClickListener(event → {
final DataSeries series = (DataSeries) event.getSeries();
final DataSeriesItem item = series.get(event.getPointIndex());

item.setColor(SolidColor.CORAL);
        chart.drawChart();
    });

[/code]But in a multi-level drilldown chart, this just resets the chart to the top level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks