OpenLayers disable specific overlays by default

Hello,

I have been using OpenLayers Wrapper addon and have added serveral layers.

vectorLayer = new VectorLayer();
addLayer(vectorLayer);

stationLayer = new VectorLayer();
addLayer(stationLayer );

The thing is, my wish is to unselect (checkbox) the stationLayer by default, by saying its not its base layer.

I have seen that the LayerSwitcher is responsible for enableing/disableing overlays.
My question is, does anyone have an idea how to access this javascript function or have a code example?

Things i have tried on a layer:

-setEnabled : no effect
-setVisible: (ofcourse not showing the layer at all like the name says :blink:)

Hi,

The enabled flag could be indeed be used in the OpenLayers built-in layer selector. It is just now hooked on the client side. Would you fill a ticket to the project page so we won’t forget this issue.

I have by myself not really used the layer selector, but built my own with core Vaadin component and then just removed/added the layer to map component with the server side API. Table or ListSelect works fine for this kind of “workaround”.

cheers,
matti

Hi,

Thanks for looking at the issue.
Filled a ticket @
link to the issue page

Also, i saw that you added a new labelvector in the new openlayer version.
Funny thing is , we needed it so badly , so we constructed one based on the current zoom which did its job.
Early thing this morning we saw the update in openlayers, developers over here were @#!! (just kidding :D).

Will try it out in a couple of days, better be using a function that is supported :grin:
Thanks again,

Greetings,

Remie