how to resize application panel according to user screen

Hi all,

i want to chance my application size according to users screen size.

as you all know that generally desktop screens are bigger than laptops screen and i want to make my application full size on one web page.

also there will be a scroolbar on my application but it will not appear on page side , it should appear on panel which is in my application.

i found some explanations which could be right solution for me but i did not appy to my code.

maybe it is very easy :slight_smile: and i missed that …

is there any function for this purpose?

Regards…
Thanks lot…

You can set your root layout to be a certain percentage of the browser window and then it will be bigger on bigger screens and smaller on smaller screens. I think there’s some way to get the actual size in pixels of the browser window, but I haven’t had to use that before. Searching the forum should help. Then you can add a window resize listener as well in case a user makes the widow larger/smaller than whatever the threshold is you’re using.

For your second question, if you want a scroll bar to be inside a panel instead of outside of it, then you need to limit the size of the panel vertically and let the content inside it grow instead. In that case, you may need to set the panel height to an exact pixel size, though setting it to a percentage of the browser window may work. Then the content inside it can grow larger. You may want to try a simple app for this that only has a panel and then a for loop to add a hundred labels or so…

Cheers,
Bobby