Build-In Theme

Hi there,

which Build-In Themes exists in Vaadin7?

How can i set the colors, etc.?

Thanks!

Ok, i found now…the chameleon theme is included…but how can i configurate it (setting colors, etc.)?

Book Of Vaadin
it is right there.

I think this is not what i am looking for.

In Vaadin 6 i create my theme.jar with the chameleon theme editor:
http://demo.vaadin.com/chameleon-editor

i create my theme based on the chameleon. means i choosed the color scheme.

now in vaadin 7 the chameleon theme is a build in theme.

in my root class, i just use the @Theme(“chameleon”) ?!

how i define my colors then?

Or i am totally wrong?

You can use the theme name that you have used while downloading the theme. In case you have named your them as “chameleon” as well then I’m not sure which style.css will be picked. In this case, simple solution would be to extract the jar that you have downloaded, it will have a folder with the structure - VAADIN/themes//style.css you can change the theme name, and place this entire VAADIN folder under your maven main resources. Now you can use this new name in the annotation.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I would strongly recommend not naming your themes with the same name as one of the standard themes, but importing a standard theme as needed. This way, you avoid a lot of hard to find problems.

Furthermore, I would recommend not to extract themes during development but to use them directly from the JARs - that way, when you update a JAR, you don’t end up having inconsistent/outdated theme files being used. When going for production on high-volume servers, you can extract static resources and set up the server so that those are served statically, not via the Vaadin servlet.