Vaadin application not working behind Zuul proxy?

Hello there,

I’ve recently created a simple Vaadin application that has a log in screen and checks for roles and redirects the user to the proper page in which he is authorized to view. But when I tried accessing the page behind a simple Zuul proxy I get directed to my Vaadin application page but it keeps showing the “Session Expired” message, which hinders my development because I cant do anything in the page, and even if I click the message or refresh the page, the “Session Expired” message just keeps on popping up. There are also no error logs.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

There could be a number of reasons why the application does not work behind proxy. Please provide more information about the problem.

• Does your application use push connections?
  • What is your web server?
  • Which vaadin version do you use?
  • Is your application deployed to a cluster or to a single server?
  • “no log errors” - what does it mean? server log, browser log or Vaadin debug window log?
    I don’t believe there is nothing in vaadin debug window or browser log in case of connection problems.

Hello there, thank you for the reply.

• Does your application use push connections?
    • I’m not really sure
    • I made the application with spring boot so I think the web server is Tomcat
    • I’m using vaadin 7.5.6
  • Is your application deployed to a cluster or to a single server?
    • it’s just currently deployed locally on my PC
      -“no log errors” - what does it mean? server log, browser log or Vaadin debug window log?
    • There are no errors in the server log and in the browser log, I’m not sure how to get the Vaadin debug window log, I do get a warning in the browser though
      “com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConnection
      SEVERE: Warning: your widget set seems to be built with a different version than the one used on server. Unexpected behavior may occur.”

I’m really sorry for the lack of information

To get Vaadin debug window, add
?debug
to the end of your app url.

Your client-side and server-side code are not in sync. You have to compile and deploy your widgetset.