UI not detached in Portal

Hi,

I use some Vaadin UIs as Portlets in a Liferay 6.1 Portal. Investigating possible Memory Leaks in my applications i found out that closing a broser tab with a vaadin portlet (closing last instance of a portlet) does not result in detaching the expired UI.

I would expect that after 3 missing heartbeats one of the next portal requests call my DetachListener and thn detaches and garbage collects the UI.

The detach mechanism works if there is at least 1 instance of a portlet making requests to the portal. Assume you have 5 instances on different browser tabs, closing 4 of them. After 3 missing heartbeats the next request from the last portelt instance removes all the other expired instances, but closing the last instance left the UI instance (and the VaadinSession) untouched forever.

I found out that the code handling the detaching of expired instances is in com.vaadin.server.VaadinService->requestEnd() and it seems that there are VaadinSessions for each type of portlet so that the cleanupSession works only for requests of the same portlet class type.

Is there a configuration or code example to get rid of the last portlet instance?

Regards
Michael

Hi,
I have the same issue and another one that seems related.

When I change page, I don’t have any callback method to listen to the view detach event coming from the view that is displayed by the UI that has just been “closed”…

has anybody solved this issue?