Grid with SQLContainer commit issue

Hi !

I’m using a Grid with an SQLContainer for the binding. Everything works well. But when clicking Save from inline editing it throws a NullPointerException in FieldGroup.commitTransactions(). For some reason the getPropertyDataSource() for each field is null.

private void commitTransactions() { for (Field<?> f : fieldToPropertyId.keySet()) { ((Property.Transactional<?>) f.getPropertyDataSource()).commit(); } } To be able to commit the change to the database I added a commit() inside the postCommit() of the FieldGroup handler. Commit works fine, database is updated and UI refreshed. But I have a NullPointerException in commitTransaction.

But without the commit getPropertyDataSource() is not null in FieldGroup.commitTransactions(). This only occurs when I put the container commit() method inside the postCommit() method. It seems to mess with the property data source…

FieldGroup binder = grid.getEditorFieldGroup();

binder.addCommitHandler(new CommitHandler() {

@Override
            public void preCommit(CommitEvent commitEvent)
                    throws CommitException {
            }

@Override
            public void postCommit(CommitEvent commitEvent)
                    throws CommitException {

try {
                    sqlContainer.commit();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    e.printStackTrace();
                }
            }
        }

Is there another way to commit the transaction to the database ? Is this a bug ?

Thanks in adavance !

in my case, the exact error occurs while I trying to call

grid.setContainerDataSource(beanItemContainer) after I saved data to DB in the postCommit method.