Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

New component: Vaadin Touch

Marcus Hellberg
1 decade ago Feb 19, 2010 2:34pm

Hi

I've been working on a component for creating applications that look and feel like iPhone applications using only Vaadin. The component is still very rough around the edges and doesn't have a lot of functionality yet, so consider the current version a tech preview. I'm working hard on improving the component, so be sure to check back on progress.

The source code can be found here.

A live preview of the component can be found here

Hope you like it!

//Marcus

Edit: I forgot to mention that you should check out the demo on an iPhone/iPod Touch to view all the animations. I'm working on getting animations working on other browsers as well.

Last updated on Feb, 19th 2010
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Feb 19, 2010 4:56pm
Marcus Hellberg
1 decade ago Feb 19, 2010 6:55pm
Kim Leppänen
1 decade ago Feb 19, 2010 8:59pm
Marcus Hellberg
1 decade ago Feb 22, 2010 6:16am
Joonas Lehtinen
1 decade ago Apr 04, 2010 11:02am
Christopher Brind
1 decade ago Jun 07, 2010 2:22pm
Risto Yrjänä
1 decade ago Jun 07, 2010 2:26pm
Christopher Brind
1 decade ago Jul 15, 2010 4:12pm
Jouni Koivuviita
1 decade ago Jul 20, 2010 12:04pm
Christopher Brind
1 decade ago Jul 29, 2010 8:31pm
Christopher Brind
1 decade ago Aug 26, 2010 2:48pm

Few things:

1) The jar file isn't packed correctly, a copy of the classes appear under the build folder

2) The live demo is no longer working

3) If you use the TouchPanel in a popup window (see code below) when the window closes the drop shadow from the window remains and stops items behind from receiving events

4) The TouchMenu shows the menu as a group of items. The default behaviour should not have this grouping, but I can't see how to change that. In the iOS SDK this is you can specify a number of sections and number of items per section.

5) Does not appear to be any way to add custom items to the touch menu.

6) How do you show and set the text for the right button item (if there even is one)?

Would I be right in saying that this is based solely on how a few iPhone apps appear work rather than the actual iOS SDK?

I was hoping for something considerably more detailed and wouldn't consider this production quality or worth $750 I'm afraid.

Cheers
Chris