Error handling mouse clicks in Treemaps

Hi,

I’m using the Charts add-on TreeMap. I’m trying to add a PointClickListener, however when I click on the TreeMap I get the following exception. Is this a known issue. It appears to fail decoding the yValue field of the object (which isn’t there, the xValue is, but not the yValue). I’m using Vaadin 7.5.8, and charts 3.0.0-alpha1.

Cheers,

Ray.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.vaadin.server.JsonCodec.decodeObject(JsonCodec.java:627) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.JsonCodec.decodeCustomType(JsonCodec.java:334) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.JsonCodec.decodeInternalOrCustomType(JsonCodec.java:291) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.parseServerRpcInvocation(ServerRpcHandler.java:499) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.parseInvocation(ServerRpcHandler.java:433) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.parseInvocations(ServerRpcHandler.java:377) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleInvocations(ServerRpcHandler.java:244) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleRpc(ServerRpcHandler.java:202) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.PushHandler$2.run(PushHandler.java:153) ~[vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.PushHandler.callWithUi(PushHandler.java:232) [vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.PushHandler.onMessage(PushHandler.java:492) [vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.PushAtmosphereHandler.onMessage(PushAtmosphereHandler.java:88) [vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

at com.vaadin.server.communication.PushAtmosphereHandler.onRequest(PushAtmosphereHandler.java:78) [vaadin-server-7.5.8.jar:7.5.8]

Hi, I also get the same error. Have you found away around it ? by using addChartClickListener ?

Hi - not yet - I’ve raised a ticket https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/19350 - but unfortunately as yet I can’t recreate it in a simple example, it happens in our framework, but I can’t extract that out to a reproducible example.