embedding cross-site application

Hi,

i have a cross-site application related problem, which appears on IE and Safari. Vaadin Application is hosted on domain A while the user access the application in domain B. Vaadin application is embedded in iframe (url attribute points to application) in index.html file located in domain B.

Firefox and Chrome works great, but IE 7 says there’s problem with cookies and the page is empty. After user manually click refresh, IE 7 shows the application. The application needs to support all major browser, and obviously without any extra clicks…

Anyone having solved the problem? I have read about php proxy which might help (not really vaading solution) and something about vaadin using JSON but i havent found any examples.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Hi, Sami!

This kind of sounds like a problem I faced a while back. The whole thing was due to IE7 going into the wrong rendering mode due to using the wrong DOCTYPE declaration in the HTML page containing the iframe.

The following has been tested to work:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<HTML>
  <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"></META>
  </HEAD>
  <FRAMESET border=0 rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" marginleft=0 margintop=0 marginright=0 marginbottom=0>
    <frame src=" !!! YOUR URL !!! " scrolling=auto frameborder="no" border=0 noresize></frame>
    <frame topmargin="0" marginwidth=0 scrolling=no marginheight=0 frameborder="no" border=0 noresize></frame>
  </FRAMESET>
</HTML>

HTH,
/Jonatan