Vaadin : Integration with Spring framework fails.

Hello friends,

I am working on a Maven based Spring-MVC application with which I would like to integrate Vaadin for some features Vaadin has. Currently it is not going so well. I have the entire Spring-config in XML. When I call the method, I get the following error :

HTTP Status 404 - Request was not handled by any registered handler. Along with that, I see these errors in Console :

=================================================================
Nov 16, 2015 2:50:52 PM com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource 
[/VAADIN/themes/reindeer/styles.css] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.
Nov 16, 2015 2:50:52 PM com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
[/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet/com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet.nocache.js] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.
[/VAADIN/themes/reindeer/favicon.ico] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.
[/VAADIN/themes/reindeer/favicon.ico] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.
Nov 16, 2015 2:50:55 PM com.vaadin.server.DefaultDeploymentConfiguration checkProductionMode
WARNING:

From which dependency can I get the resources file in classpath and how to get rid of the above 404.

The Vaadin UI code :

@Theme("valo")
@SpringUI
@SuppressWarnings("serial")
public class MyVaadinUI extends UI {

@WebServlet(value = "/testvaadin", asyncSupported = true)
    public static class Servlet extends SpringVaadinServlet {
    }

@Override
    protected void init(VaadinRequest request) {
        final VerticalLayout layout = new VerticalLayout();
        layout.setMargin(true);
        setContent(layout);

Button button = new Button("Click Me");
        button.addClickListener(event -> layout.addComponent(new Label("Thank you for clicking")));
        layout.addComponent(button);
    }
}

web.xml :

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>Vaadin Application</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <description>
                Vaadin UI class to use</description>
            <param-name>UI</param-name>
            <param-value>com.journaldev.spring.Vaadin.MyVaadinUI</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Vaadin Application</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

POM.xml :

<!-- Vaadin dependency-->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
            <artifactId>vaadin-spring</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.0</version>
        </dependency>

Spring’s root-context.xml :

<beans:bean class="com.journaldev.spring.Vaadin.MyVaadinUI"/> <context:component-scan base-package="com.journaldev.spring"> <context:exclude-filter type="annotation" expression="org.springframework.stereotype.Controller"/> </context:component-scan> So, what am I doing wrong here that I am unable to see the UI as well. Also, I would like to load these gannt-charts
https://github.com/tltv/gantt
. Any pointers on how I can go ahead with it. Thanks a lot… :slight_smile:

Hi,

Those are theme resources, in “com.vaadin:vaadin-themes” package. To use gantt add-on, you’ll also need an application “widgetset” and get that compiled (easiest with vaadin-maven-plugin). Refer to e.g. raw project stub created by
vaadin-archetype-application
to see how it is done.

cheers,
matti