RichTextArea not contained in Widgetset Issue

Hi! Thank you in advance for the help. I’m still fairly new to Vaadin, so bear with me.

I’ve recently tried to insert a RichTextArea in a panel of the sample Quicktickets Dashboard source. When I compile and run, the panel where I expect to see my RichTextArea states the following:

"Widgetset ‘com.myProj.MyAppWidgetset’ does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.ui.RichTextArea. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

"

As a test I have inserted a plain TextArea instead of the RichTextArea and have no such issues. Any guidance here would be wonderful. I expected RichTextArea to work “out-of-the-box”, but I’m not finding that it does… Thanks again for the help.

Hi! RichTextArea should be one of the built in components. Check that the MyAppWidgetset.gwt.xml file in your project (probably found under src/main/resources/com/myProj/ ) contains the following elements:

Then recompile the widgetset, and you should be all set.

Thank you for the help. That’s what I thought.

My MyAppWidgetset.gwt.xml already contains:

But when I add

and try to compile it, I receive a compilation error stating:

GWT Module com.vaadin.WidgetSet not found in project sources or resources.

Sounds like a library is missing. Check that you have
vaadin-client
in your project’s dependencies.

If you’re using Maven, you should have something like the following block inside of your pom.xml:

com.vaadin
vaadin-client
provided

If you’re using Ivy, in ivy.xml: