Vaadin Push - WARNING: Websocket protocol not supported

All,

what is the root problem why websocket is not supported on my environment ?
I am using Vaadin 7.5.8, Tomcat 8.0.24, Java 8 u45

I had follow to exclude this :

com.vaadin vaadin-client-compiler ${vaadin.version} org.eclipse.jetty jetty-servlets org.eclipse.jetty jetty-annotations org.eclipse.jetty jetty-util

but the warning still popup and the push is not working

please enlight me

rgrds
ngh

Hi Nengah,

does this old ticket relate to or answer your question?
https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/16789

Note especially this comment:
You should always set the provided on vaadin-client-compiler as it does not need to (and should not be) deployed. Then you will avoid Jetty (and other dependency) version conflicts.

Did this help?

Hi Enver,

thanks for your response, actually I had added as below :

com.vaadin vaadin-client-compiler 7.5.9 provided org.eclipse.jetty jetty-servlets org.eclipse.jetty jetty-annotations org.eclipse.jetty jetty-util

but the problem still exist, no idea to me to solve the problem. now i am trying to run my war on other Apps Server, since i read many problem with websocket on tomcat. do you have any suggestion ?

rgds
Nengah

Before we dig any deeper into this with 7.5.9 – is it still there with 7.6.0.alpha5 ?

Thanks,
Enver

as of your suggestion, I looked back all the ticket from 7.6.0 alpha2 upto 7.6.0 alpha 7, yes many ticket regarding push was solved. I will go and try using 7.6.0 beta1 hopefully will solve my problem.

now, I had sucesfull running push using transport = Long Pooling (7.5.9) but new problem is coming up. all the application geeting slow, significantly slow.
I will trying using WebSocket &.7.6.0 beta1 first and will be skip slow problem 7.5.9 slow performance.

thank you very much for you suggestion
regards
Nengah

Had been trying in Vaadin 7.6.0 beta1, tomcat 8.0.24, java 8.
the websocket, still not supported.

Nov 12, 2015 11:34:35 AM org.atmosphere.cpr.AsynchronousProcessor action
WARNING: Websocket protocol not supported

Are you sure that particular version of Tomcat is being used?

Note that the warning comes from the Atmosphere library and its compatibility matrix is here:
https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere/wiki/Supported-WebServers-and-Browsers

Can you try
mvn dependency:tree -Dverbose

to see what dependencies and versions there are?

Are you using a mvn command to run the server? Which?

Best,
Enve

no, I am not using mvn for run the server.
only using on eclipse when building the widgetset.

Hallo Nengah,

have you been able to solve it in the end, and how?

In the meanwhile, the Vaadin plugin supports Maven natively so tracking down this kind of a problem should have become much easier.

Best Regards,
Enver