Vaadin Dont push Ozone Layer

Hi,

I really like this addon, it works great. Although :slight_smile: there are some research question, discussions that are still unanswered… Like;

Like in the example, first we load the dont push atmosphere servlet and then Vaadin application.

1. What happens when I close or restart Vaadin application. From what I managed to figure out, is that the atmosphere servlet still remains connected to the old Vaadin application, and If I want to start a new one, I have to kill the browser, otherwise I just get the loading indicator?

What Are my options here, can I manually reload the atmosphere servlet when I close and restart application…

I am using Vaadin 6.7.2 and best practices from CDIUTILS (Application instance handling in CDI applications), on JBOSS AS 7.1 Flux…

1. Could problem one be connected with infinite timeout setting for comet connection ? Where can I set my on timeout - I didn’t find any of this in dont push ozone layer documentation…

2. is there a third approach, and I am missing something…

We would really like to use this addon in a production, so we could help al ot with results and further testing and maturing of dont-push ozone layer…

With best regards to all
Kristjan

anyone, any ideas or directions or discussion or suggestions :slight_smile:

thanks in advance…

with br
Kristjan

Let me attempt to answer your questions:

If you call close() on an application instance then the browser should be redirected to either the main app URL or to the logoutURL property of the Application class. This actually happens by sending UIDL to the client who then redirects the browser. This behavior is further dependent on the close() method of Application being invoked so if you ovverride this method and do not call super.close() it will not work. As for the lifecycle, Atmosphere is being bound based on the Window requested and the current session; therefore, if you close the window then Atmosphere becomes disconnected and that resource is removed. Similarly, if you invalidate sessions on either server or client side (e.g. delete cookies) then a new connection will be established.

Restarting application using URL param or via debug console creates a new app instance which creates a new main window thus new Atmosphere connections are made. Note that the communication manager is re-used unless you start a new session.

I’d need to know more about your app before making recommendations as I have not seen behavior like you are describing. A test case would be nice.

I am not familiar with CDIUTILS.

Atmosphere will complain that the timeout is set to infinity; however, the GWT module of Atmosphere sets the value to infinity so we are using the same settings as the Atmosphere developers for GWT. There is currently nowhere you can control this value and it is really unnecessary as the AtmosphereClient GWT widget manages the connections for you.

Thank you for you answers… So the application locking, the problem could be from application instance management, like I mentioned from using CDI Utils (
Link
),

directory link

You certainly clarified some information about atmosphere and don’t push ozone layer…

I will let you know with the details, when I get to the code…

With best regards

Hi all,

is this module/addon still active - can anyone do a rebuild of this module with the latest atmoshere-gwt 1.0.18 - this version doesn’t work with the latest JBOSS-AS 7.1.2 and higher and Vaadin 6.8.8. and higher.

It would help us alot, cause our project depends of this module very much.

Looking forward to your replies and help