Filtered combo: selection cleared if using mouse.

Hello

I am using a filtered combox - I am using the code as outlined in this blog post.blog.oio.de/2015/01/17/write-simple-auto-complete-combobox-vaadin/

Case 1 : Use the keyboard

• entering the text and use the up and down arrows to highlight and enter to select and then use the tab key to leave the field . The value change listener is fired the field selection registered and the value set adn visible in the combo box.

Case 2: Use the mouse.

• entering the text and mouse to select and then either use the tab key or the mouse to leave the field . The value change listener is fired the field selection registered and the value set BUT ITS IS deleted from the combo box.

I have tried the combobox wrapped in a form layout and no change.

No other events are fired.

I am using 6.8.3

I have spent all day yesterday trying to fix this problem. This morning I thought go ask those nice Vaadin community people.

And I then try something completely different and I get it to work - doh!

1. My combobox is using a datasource which extends a BeanItemContainer.
  2. As the user types a name the container lazy loads based on the text and adds lots of beans to the filter.
  3. In the value change listener for the combobox I get the bean from the event and pass it to the container (As described in the linked article).
  4. However in the container I do the following:
    In the SuggestionsFIlter:…
    public void setSelectedBean(PeopleBean value) {
    log.info(“Setting people filter.”);

// removeAllItems();

addBean(value);

p = value;

}

In the container itself:…
private void filterItems(String filterString) {
removeAllItems();

if (p!=null){
addItem(p);
}

if (filterString.length() > 3) {
List people = db.findByName(filterString);
log.info(“Searching for people with name “+filterString+” - “+people.size()+” found.”);
for (GpiPeople p : people) {
addItem(new PeopleBean(p.getPplId(), p.toString(), p));
}
}
}
I do not understand why this works but it does for both keyboard and mouse I am know a happy bunny. If anyone is interested in the full code let me know.