Multiple Themes using same (own)base theme and theme resources (fonts, icon

Hi Vaadiners,

I created an own theme that is based on Valo. The theme consists of several scss Files that are rendered to one css. The Theme also contains different resources such as layouts (templates), fonts a favicon and other images.
The scss files contain specific css-styles for the components or to make sure the css layouts we use style/layout the components as we like.

I would now like to create a different theme. The new theme should behave like a sub-theme to my own theme. The current theme should be like a base theme and the new theme a sub-theme. I only want to replace one scss-file that specifies the colors.
I’d like to have different colors as a theme available that the user can choose from.
But all the Theme-Resources and other scss definitions should stay the same.

Anyone an idea on how this could be achieved? So far I only found tutorials and blog entries on how to create a new theme based on valo. I assume that this would work the same for my own theme. Therefore I guess I can just import my own “base” theme instead of valo and valo would be importet over the base theme.
Unforutnately I did not find any clues or hints on what happens to the Theme Resources? Are they imported too, if so how do I achieve that, because so far this doesn’t seem to work.
Thanks for any Ideas

Marc Poy:
Hi Vaadiners,

I created an own theme that is based on Valo. The theme consists of several scss Files that are rendered to one css. The Theme also contains different resources such as layouts (templates), fonts a favicon and other images.
The scss files contain specific css-styles for the components or to make sure the css layouts we use style/layout the components as we like.

I would now like to create a different theme. The new theme should behave like a sub-theme to my own theme. The current theme should be like a base theme and the new theme a sub-theme. I only want to replace one scss-file that specifies the colors.
I’d like to have different colors as a theme available that the user can choose from.
But all the Theme-Resources and other scss definitions should stay the same.

Anyone an idea on how this could be achieved? So far I only found tutorials and blog entries on how to create a new theme based on valo. I assume that this would work the same for my own theme. Therefore I guess I can just import my own “base” theme instead of valo and valo would be importet over the base theme.
Unforutnately I did not find any clues or hints on what happens to the Theme Resources? Are they imported too, if so how do I achieve that, because so far this doesn’t seem to work.
Thanks for any Ideas

Did you solve the problem, Appreciate if you share the solution

Hello,

I assume that this would work the same for my own theme. Therefore I guess I can just import my own “base” theme instead of valo and valo would be importet over the base theme.

That is correct.

Unforutnately I did not find any clues or hints on what happens to the Theme Resources?

Can you elaborate? You’ll still be able to use those resources, but you’ll have to update your references.