Problem with Vaadin on Eclipse

I have to setup a project on mac (Eclipse Luna+maven+Tomcat). When I try to package it, I keep getting the following errors:

Sep 11, 2015 9:17:47 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets

[ERROR]
INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.peter.multibutton.MultibuttonWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/MultiButton/MultiButton/2.0.1/MultiButton-2.0.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.geworkbenchweb.visualizations.GeworkbenchWidgetset in file:/Users/admin/geWorkbench/geworkbench-web/src/main/java

[ERROR]
com.vaadin.addon.tableexport.widgetset.Tableexport_for_vaadinWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/TableExport/TableExport/1.3.0/TableExport-1.3.0.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.bibounde.vprotovis.gwt.VProtovisWidgetSet in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/vprotovis/vprotovis/0.6/vprotovis-0.6.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.github.wolfie.sessionguard.SessionguardWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/sessionguard/sessionguard/0.0.5/sessionguard-0.0.5.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.artur.icepush.IcepushaddonWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/icepush/0.2.1/icepush-0.2.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.easyuploads.EasyuploadsWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/easyuploads/easyuploads/0.5.1/easyuploads-0.5.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.alump.fancylayouts.widgetset.FancyLayoutsWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/FancyLayouts/FancyLayouts/0.2.1/FancyLayouts-0.2.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.8.16/vaadin-6.8.16.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.InvientChartsWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/invientcharts/invientcharts/0.8.6/invientcharts-0.8.6.jar!/

Because of all these errors, when I try to register a jetty server from Eclipse, I get the same error though it registers the server. But when I access the page, I cannot see a captcha that I have to use for registering a user.

Can anybody help me with that, pls!

Thank you very much.

Shakuntala

Can you post the error lines. I don’t see any errors in the ones you posted.

Hi!
The error messages are below: I ama lso attaching a file.

[INFO]
— vaadin-maven-plugin:1.0.2:update-widgetset (default) @ geworkbench —

[INFO]
auto discovered modules [org.geworkbenchweb.visualizations.GeworkbenchWidgetset]

[INFO]
Updating widgetset org.geworkbenchweb.visualizations.GeworkbenchWidgetset

[ERROR]
Sep 11, 2015 9:57:03 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets

[ERROR]

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.peter.multibutton.MultibuttonWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/MultiButton/MultiButton/2.0.1/MultiButton-2.0.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.geworkbenchweb.visualizations.GeworkbenchWidgetset in file:/Users/admin/geWorkbench/geworkbench-web/src/main/java

[ERROR]
com.vaadin.addon.tableexport.widgetset.Tableexport_for_vaadinWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/TableExport/TableExport/1.3.0/TableExport-1.3.0.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.bibounde.vprotovis.gwt.VProtovisWidgetSet in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/vprotovis/vprotovis/0.6/vprotovis-0.6.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.github.wolfie.sessionguard.SessionguardWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/sessionguard/sessionguard/0.0.5/sessionguard-0.0.5.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.artur.icepush.IcepushaddonWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/icepush/0.2.1/icepush-0.2.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.easyuploads.EasyuploadsWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/easyuploads/easyuploads/0.5.1/easyuploads-0.5.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
org.vaadin.alump.fancylayouts.widgetset.FancyLayoutsWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/FancyLayouts/FancyLayouts/0.2.1/FancyLayouts-0.2.1.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.8.16/vaadin-6.8.16.jar!/

[ERROR]
com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.InvientChartsWidgetset in jar:file:/Users/admin/.m2/repository/invientcharts/invientcharts/0.8.6/invientcharts-0.8.6.jar!/

[ERROR]

[ERROR]
Sep 11, 2015 9:57:03 AM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets

[ERROR]
INFO: Search took 10ms

Thank you.
Shakuntala
21301.rtf (5.03 KB)

About the ‘errors’ widget set compiler is throwing. There is an old thread where conlcusion was that those are not really errors
https://vaadin.com/forum/#!/thread/499683/502811
. Maybe it’s something else that is causing your problem with not seeing the content you are expecting.

Alright, I will check that.

Hi!
The problem is persisting. I am attaching the pom.xml. Pls note that I am using Eclipse Mars and apache-maven 3.3.3. May be there is a problem of incompatibility between these. Grateful if you could help out.
The problem is that I am able to deploy the project as jetty:run but becasue of tehse errors, I cannot see some widgets like Captcha etc… and thus cannot proceed to run the application on Tomcat.

Thank you
Shakuntala
21303.xml (18.9 KB)

Also the project I am trying to set up is at: https://wiki.c2b2.columbia.edu/informatics/index.php/Using_Maven_With_geWorkbench_Web. I ahev tried both mac and Windows I am getting exactly the same problem as mentioned earlier,
shown below:
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.peter.multibutton.MultibuttonWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/MultiButton/MultiButton/2.0.1/MultiButton-2.0.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.alump.fancylayouts.widgetset.FancyLayoutsWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/FancyLayouts/FancyLayouts/0.2.1/FancyLayouts-0.2.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.8.16/vaadin-6.8.16.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.easyuploads.EasyuploadsWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/easyuploads/easyuploads/0.5.1/easyuploads-0.5.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
com.vaadin.addon.tableexport.widgetset.Tableexport_for_vaadinWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/TableExport/TableExport/1.3.0/TableExport-1.3.0.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.vaadin.artur.icepush.IcepushaddonWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/icepush/0.2.1/icepush-0.2.1.jar!/
[ERROR]
org.geworkbenchweb.visualizations.GeworkbenchWidgetset in file://C/Users/shakunb/git/geworkbench-web/src/main/java
[ERROR]
com.bibounde.vprotovis.gwt.VProtovisWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/vprotovis/vprotovis/0.6/vprotovis-0.6.jar!/
[ERROR]
com.github.wolfie.sessionguard.SessionguardWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/sessionguard/sessionguard/0.0.5/sessionguard-0.0.5.jar!/
[ERROR]
com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.InvientChartsWidgetset in jar:file:C:/Users/shakunb/.m2/repository/invientcharts/invientcharts/0.8.6/invientcharts-0.8.6.jar!/

Thank you in advance.
Shakuntala

I don’t see anything wrong in the pom.xml. It contains dependencies from your local machine so I cannot run mvn install because of that. I’m sorry I’m not able to help you anymore. If there is a real compile issue with widgetset compilation I would expect the compile output to show it.

Well I can try again. I just noticed you also posted the location for the resources…

Thank you. Actually I realised that the problem is being caused some widgets and nl.captcha. The other errors might not be really causing the problem. I don’t know!
I got a sample Vaadin application with a button and that works fine on Jetty and Tomcat. So, my environment has been setup properly.

Best Regards
Shakuntala

I ran mvn install and got no actual compilation errors. So the issue is in some of the widgets as you noticed.

Thank you. i know where to look for the problems now.

Best Regards
Shakuntala